View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 06:18 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Ted is correct, Jay, and if anyone, (besides a few others like Zach, Toppcat, etc) would know, it would be Ted.
Like I mentioned in my above post, I was pretty sure this was a typo as it was the first time I had ever heard of any red backs containing the wrong bios. But, with that being said and with seeing numerous red backed graded/slabbed Page and Sain's with "correct bio" written on the front, it made me wonder. (There is no need to write that on the front of red backed Page and Sain graded cards)

Also, like in this article, (it has been written many times) the backs were corrected when Sy decided to go from black to red backs.

"Two of the more valuable cards from Series 1 are the Joe Page and Johnny Sain errors. Some of Page’s cards (#48) were printed with Sain’s information on the back, while the same fate impacted a small percentage of Sain’s cards (#49), with Page’s information appearing on the reverse. It’s important to note that these error cards can only be found with black backs since they were corrected in time for the red back print run. For Master set builders, these two errors rank near the top of the set in terms of elusiveness".
This is a great read. Try not to look at the cards, however, as they will likely make you cry like they did me.
https://www.psacard.com/articles/art...ic-postwar-age
I guess I would say the Heritage listing contains a mistake not a typo then. It says there are 490 cards and needs those 2 to complete the master set, but the checklist for the master set has 491 cards listed. From looking at what is listed, I think the only card missing to really complete the master set is the Frank House yellow tiger variation since there is no mention of that card in the Heritage listing. It's surprising that they would make a mistake like that with this set.