View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
From what has been discovered, this jersey was a one-off kit used in January 1930 for a Milan-Inter combined squad which played a Berlin team.

So the cards has to be from 1930 or later.
Wow, great research and thanks for the heads up--do you have any sources that you can share for the sake of context? Any pictures or background?

I have received some excellent information from some Italian and more specifically Inter/Giuseppe Meazza enthusiasts who were able to shed a pretty good degree of light on what has been a perplexing and at times frustrating search for answers.

For now, the information that i have obtained is different from the thought that this could be from 1930. And, although this being the only picture we have to go on, I would certainly think that due to body structure and youthful appearance this picture shows a significantly younger Meazza than what he looked like in 1930. Additionally, Meazza played for the Inter Youth Academy from 1924 until his signing with the senior team in September 1927 (from age 14-17). According to more than one source (one the owner of the Giuseppe Meazza website, this was a 2nd division (Academy) Inter uniform (Inter has never been relegated in its history).

"HI there, Peppino was in the Inter Youth Academy at 14, so he played there till 1927 approx when he started to play with the senior team. So, for sure that's a Inter kit.*"

"Definitely a second uniform, in those years Inter often dropped in the field in complete white with horizontal stripes nerazzurri.. Within Inter in 1924 the photo could trace from that year until 1927 when he entered the senior team, sure I can be wrong, I say 1924-1927."

Also, I found another collector friend from Italy who shared with me another card with the same image (mine just has the other player cropped out). Really neat as that is first time i have seen this card. Is there any chance this is the Berlin team? I have also added another card from my collection and a picture. The picture on the far right is Meazza from the 1930-31 season with his AS Ambrosiana kit. The card on the bottom is a 1927 Lurati card from his first season with Inter (In 1928 Inter changed their name to Societa Sportiva Ambrosiana). Since Meazza played his first game for Inter in Sept 1927 the card says Inter and he is still dressed in the Inter kit.

Due to the information about Meazza playing in this kit multiple times over the course of the 3 years he was with the Inter Youth Academy Team, the slight body style and youthful appearance in the cards (also the absence of any mention of Ambrosiana) leads me to believe at least the photo is from 1924-1927. While I still believe much more research needs to be done and it is possible this could be from 1930 I am much less convinced now. I would be interested to hear others thoughts. I am also awaiting some photos from the Giuseppe Meazza website which will hopefully shed some more light. I will update if/when i do receive anything else. Thanks so much for your input so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1924-27 Meazza w: Novaro player kit.jpg (55.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 1930-31 AS Ambrosiana Meazza.jpg (77.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 1927-28 Cioccolata Lurati Giuseppe Meazza.JPG (23.0 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by esehombre; 01-23-2019 at 07:45 PM.