View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 09:38 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default This is a fake!!!!!!!!!

This card is clearly not from 1958. I have seen this same card for sale on eBay multiple times and almost bought it within the first minutes of it being listed the first time I ever saw it. However, at that time I asked the seller who confirmed it was a reprint. This card could even be that same one.

I am not even certain there is a 1958 version of this card. I have never seen one nor do I know of anyone else that has.

This seller on Mercado Libre Peru lists the same set as being published in 1980 "AŅO DE CIRCULACION: 1980," (see LINK ) which I think is totally reasonable and may have been the first printing. There might have never been a 1958 version of this, but instead was printed in 1980 to celebrate the 1958 World Cup.

I am annoyed that the seller is trying to pass it off as original. I wrote them and asked if it is from 1958 and got a wishy-washy response. I suspect that since he is knowledgeable about soccer cards and is the one who bought and submitted it to PSA, he knows it's a modern day card.

I have written him and asked him to re-list the card with more detailed information and let the market decide if it's original. Maybe it was an honest mistake . . .

To give the benefit of the doubt I will not list the eBay ID or the email I sent or received at this point. However, if he follows through with the auction you better believe I will do so!

Not disclosing a card as a reprint is a fraud and an unethical move, regardless of whether you have it in a PSA holder or whether you say you bought it at an estate sale and are selling it for your husband who died of cancer.

Mr Seller - If you are reading this, please do the right thing and relist the auction with the correct information.

Everyone else, I ask you to please reach out to the seller and remind him that it is illegal to commit fraud and knowingly sell something when you know it's a reprint. Please contact him ASAP and ask him to relist this card.