View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Richard A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
About 4-5 years ago I found a great old sportscard/memorabilia shop in downtown Toronto. I loaded up on some 1950s/60s non-sports cards, a few tobacco baseball cards and about a dozen 1954-55 Topps hockey cards (overpaid a bit for the hockey, but they were NICE...)

I can't remember the name of it, but in doing an online search I think it might have been "Fastball Collectibles" (?). I spoke to a gentleman on the phone who said he closed his shop in 2010 to sell his items online only.

My question for our friends in Toronto - Does anyone know of any good card shops in the downtown area (that are open on weekdays)? I'm making a visit next week and have some free time on Monday.
It's possible the place you're thinking of is/was on the corner of King St W & John Street. I've only been there twice. The first time was probably 8-9 years ago and I was collecting 50s stuff, so it wasn't bad. The last time (maybe 5 years ago) I was there one half had been turned into a Tim Horton's coffee shop. No idea what the place looks like today.

Regards,

Richard.