View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 07:28 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Probably not.

Cancel culture and it's younger cousin, critical race theory, are just the leading contenders for the moral panic du jour.

FWIW, here is a picture of one of the Guardians my wife took on our annual trip back to Ohio a few years ago.

Was just driving over the bridge today. It is a great, old bridge, and the sculptures are wonderful (there are 4 of these posts/columns in total on the bridge) and it literally takes you right to the front entrance of Progressive Field, as you can see from the stadium in the background. Nice photo. The name sucks though. Don't know of anyone in Cleveland happy with the new name. I would expect to see people still coming to the park wearing Indians gear and even Chief Wahoo images despite the name change. Will be interesting to see if they try to ban people from coming into the ballpark with such at some point. I believe that they still sell Chief Wahoo items in the team gift shops yet, despite doing away with the logo on uniforms and caps worn by players or displayed around the stadium back in 2018. If they are truly going to abandon the name and image, they should do so. But it seems they are still going to maintain and keep the copyrights on those and keep making money off the name and images as long as they can. Hypocrisy and greed as usual. If they truly were so behind the changes in the name and images as a show of respect for native Americans, shouldn't they simply disassociate themselves from both the name and image entirely, and not continue to make money off them?