View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Congrats Tim, and to everyone else too.. I had to deal with the Bautista injury as well. The mess with Felix kinda hampered me down the stretch too, especially since he was never officially DL'ed. Because we can only DL players that are on the DL in our league..

With 3 DL spots, high potential, injury risk players were my gameplan heading into draft-day, glued together by steady and multi-position types, to keep things together.. Injuries were crazy for me all year long, but those were calculated risks, that I'd anticipated all along. There were a few combinations of injuries, that could've really been the end of my team, but luckily, I managed to avoid those combinations..

Out of my total roster over the course of the year, Chase Utley, Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Quentin, Coco Crisp, Jason Werth, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Bautista, Angel Pagan, Lance Berkman, Mike Morse and Felix Hernandez all missed significant or crucial portions of the season, or were injured enough to toss them... Cuddyer missed a little, but nothing crazy.. Thanks to the Hanley injury, I also wound up getting Josh Donaldson off of FA..

EVERY last player that was on my roster at some point, got hot at one point or another...And LUCKILY usually lined up to have a full(or nearly full) line-up of hot players at almost all times.. Wound up setting a bunch of league scoring records, while last year I set a bunch of win-based records..

Offensively over the course of the year, I outscored the next closest team by almost 400...Pitchingwise, I was less than 100 pts shy of the top team(he had 18 complete games), but almost 200 better than the next best team..

Strategy+risk+extreme luck=Championships.. At least in Daily leagues.

I probably won't use this strategy next year. For one, other owners in the league took note, and will probably reach for the injury-risk and/or multi-positional guys in next year's draft. Secondly, I knew all along the strategy would create a ton of stress for me. I don't think I want to put that much managerial pressure on myself again, next year..

Last edited by novakjr; 09-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.