View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Chris Moore

I started collecting again last summer, and I've been to maybe 5-6 shows over that span. I noticed the exact same thing as the OP. I just take cash with me, then when I run out, I make another trip to the ATM. This last show I actually made 2 trips to the ATM, even though it was about a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

I do find it frustrating that dealers haven't evolved with the technology that makes life so much easier as consumers, but it is what it is. I understand the points that others have brought up here, but it's still a strange business model... I readily admit I don't spend as much at shows as I would if plastic were accepted. You'd think that limitation would be enough for most dealers to upgrade (as it has worked in just about every other industry/market that exists).

All that being said, I try to use cash whenever I can when buying my cards, especially at my LCS. I understand the fees associated with plastic are a burden that the seller bears, so I like using cash to help out where I can.