View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Lyman,
When you said, "... and we will continue to expand an already massive website of vintage material at www.oldcardboard.com (also free)," I recalled my long-standing wish for something resembling a Wikipedia for vintage baseball cards - an online place where all the important, meaningful information (including galleries of cards) regarding each vintage baseball card set was accumulated, continuously updated, and made available to us hobbyists. There is a tremendous amount of valuable info that I have read in hobby pubs and auction catalogs over the last 30+ years and more recently on online forums such as Net54, but my pathetic memory is incapable of remembering most of it. I would gladly pay a reasonable annual fee to be able to access this vintage bb card Wikipedia, and I think a great many other collectors would as well. IMHO, the organization that is in the best position to accomplish this and hopefully make it financially viable is OC, because of all the information that OC has already accumulated. Just my 2 cents!
Best,
Val