Thread: 73-9
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 11:48 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
... Curry has made more three-pointers over the past two seasons than Larry Bird made in his entire career. That's how the game has evolved, and the Warriors take advantage of that better than anyone else.

The four greatest seasons in terms of three-point field goals made in a season are three seasons by Steph Curry and one by Klay Thompson. IMO, it is difficult to justify that the current Warriors team would not belong on the court with any of the great teams of the past when they are so proficient at perfecting the modern NBA game of an offense that exploits the three-point shot.
What an amazing season! And now the real fun begins.

Re- comments about how they play, and have taken advantage of the 3 (among other great things they do-- pass unselfishly, rebound, play strong D) like no other team before them... I've heard the suggestion that the NBA move the 3 point line out further to balance things out. Funny thing is, if they did so, it would probably just benefit the Warriors more. At one point this season, Steph was hitting over 60% of his shots from 28 feet or more, including half courters. I don't think Klay minds shooting from 30 feet either. Unreal.