View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Default "Race card played in failure to sell Honus collectible"

Posted By: john/z28jd

I would think after all this attention these guys have got over this card,if they do sell it,all they are asking for is trouble once the buyer has the card authenticated and it comes back as a reprint. Whoever couldve met their asking price in the past would obviously have had enough money to get some good lawyers or ACTUAL card experts to verify the card is fake,so maybe the extra exposure theyre getting is actually a good thing for them of all people.It should be painfully obvious to people by now that a real card wouldnt have so many naysayers who have never seen the card in person.

I dont know this Bob Connelly guy who ran this auction but if he had a good name beforehand,it really took a hit by this auction.I hope his motive wasnt just a big payday at the expense of an unsuspecting person who looked at his credentials and took it for face value.Luckily no one bid on the card but you really have to wonder what he was thinking

The fact that i have the same card as them should be enough proof for anyone because im way too lazy and far too poor to keep working with that potential windfall sitting on top my desk.For as little as $400k in the bank,not one of you would ever see me again and my fingers would be too fat to type within a year or so