View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
The high dollar cards like the Speaker, Cobbs, Cy Young, etc. should be graded with either SGC or PSA. While wait times with PSA are long, higher dollar cards would need to be submitted at a higher express level which will speed up the grading process. PSA charges different rates based on the declared value of the card. While it is not cheap to get some of those graded, the return on investment is worth it.

Some auction houses will likely be contacting you after they see this thread. I would consider REA or Love of the Game, but you should definitely weigh all of your options before deciding. Good luck and sorry about your Dad.

If you take the cards out of the screwdown holders you are likely going to want to pick up some Card Saver 1 semi rigid sleeves to put the cards into. It's a good idea to practice with some cheaper cards to get the hang of putting cards into Card Savers. Lay a clean towel on the table to help protect any cards you might drop while taking them out of the screwdowns. SB1 also has great advice to be careful because some cards could be stuck in the screwdowns. Go slow and easy and maybe try opening the lesser valued cards first.

Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. I will practice with some lower quality cards not in the picture if I decide to go this route.