View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Bill Gregory

John, I'm not exactly sure how this is germane to the point I was making. It's late, so maybe I'm missing something. Or, perhaps I'm just being dense. Again, here's the comment I was responding to:

Quote:
Oh, I know all about the trimmed Wagner, but I thought they were in business a while before they graded that one.
My only aim was to produce a picture of the graded card. A re-slabbed PSA maintains its original serial number.

BTW, I know what the original slabs look like. I selected this particular picture for the sake of expediency. The other pictures I found of the Wagner were much larger; I didn't feel like messing with resizing code, or reducing the picture size in Photoshop, and uploading it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Right in that it was the first graded card, but it's been re-holdered at least once. The 0's in the original slab had the slashes through them a la dot-matrix style. The slabs you still occasionally see like that are the oldest ones. My guess is it was probably re-holdered before Ken what's his name that owns the Diamondbacks bought it.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-04-2016 at 10:36 PM.