View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:28 PM
Mikeknapp

On Sept 24, 1971 the Mets hosted the Bucs at Shea. That night Puerto Rican politicians, dignitaries, celebrities, and NY businessmen sponsored Roberto Clemente night. The Mets Spanish speaking radio station WADO 1280 hosted the event. They handed out a limited number of these buttons. The ticket stub is from that game. The photo of Roberto and Vera is a Type 1 from that day. Today I picked up this program. Judging by the contents they were given out to guests invited to attended a private dinner for Clemente held at the NY Commodore Hotel following the game. This is the first one I have actually seen. It consists of about 50 pages detailing Clementes prowess and social activism. I have to be believe they are pretty rare the fist page is an introduction from the Senator from Puerto Rico and is signed in ink. The only color images are on the front and back. I likely over paid for this item. But when you see something for the first time in 45 years of collecting you pull the trigger...and don’t tell your wife.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)