View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:37 AM
Mikeknapp

Good luck with the new endeavor. I understand completely. Although Roberto and the 1971 Bucs have been my focus for many years I too have dabbled in other areas of the hobby to include photos, post war Baseball cards, autographs, bats, advertising and game worn items. I have even chased El Cordobes and Pancho Villa items. Thankfully I have been lucky enough to stumble upon rare Clemente items often enough to keep my focus at least on the periphery. I just found a rare memorial bust. The only other one I have seen is in Howard’s collection. I’m going to have to invest in some restoration but I’m still thrilled to have found one.

Modern Basketball cards have gone crazy. About 8 years ago I found 6 unopened boxes of 1976-77 Topps basketball cards. I paid $20 a box for them and them to BBCE for $600 each. Sometimes I regret doing so. Nonetheless I was able to add a large number of items to my collection I would not be able to afford today. I suppose such things keep us all in the hunt and serve to stoke our desire to collect this silly stuff.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)