View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 06:41 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
Well, they are using phrases like this:

"Encapsulated PSA Authentic with a blue marker signature that is certified PSA/DNA Authentic Auto."

So that seems to be saying more than one thing has been authenticated.

And they also say:

"...there are still a small number of O-Pee-Chee brand unopened packs available and ours is set apart from others for two reasons..."

That pretty clearly says this is an O-Pee-Chee brand unopened pack to me.
Pretty much agree with Peter here and while this is stupid, I don’t see how in any way it’s fraudulent. Can you more clearly state your conspiracy?

A. Pack is unopened.
B. It’s a wax pack so you can see the back card which is while likely wax stained, a Gretzky Rc.
C. They look to have not gone though the effort to have Wayne sign the pack but rather removed a sticker auto from an insert card and stuck it to the pack. It’s a legit auto, just stupid; and PSA says it’s real.

So yes it’s dumb, but where is the fraud? It says clearly the card is the back card, where is your proof of reseal as that seems to be the only insinuation as the listing is very clear. I have yet to see a wax wrapper without an identifiable back card (which is usually stained unless you are lucky with some old pantyhose to clean it up).

Edit- ok, I think I figured out your line of thinking and I guess there is a bit of a point. They are stating that the pack is sealed and there is no way to have both of those graded at the same time. Point taken. Because the sticker auto is added they can only grade that much like a cut.

While creatively worded, I don’t see any actual language stating the pack is graded. It’s still a dumb item, but if this works stay tuned for more.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 08-26-2022 at 07:00 PM.