View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default Yet Another Grading Issue

Posted By: barrysloate

I mentioned more than two, but the one I was most concerned with was the one graded EX-MT. The front was pictured in the catalog and on the website and it looked awfully close to that grade. When I received it I saw the back had a spider wrinkle through it, the kind that may have actually been there since it was issued. I knew immediately that EX-MT was out of the question, was hoping for a VG-EX and got a VG. I don't blame the grading service, but the auction house should have been careful enough to know the card was not even close to EX-MT. If I could see it, so could they. I think you can no longer get away with that kind of shoddy grading. And the one they called VG-EX that actually came back EX-MT, I knew it was a very nice card but forgot what it said in the catalog until I checked this afternoon. Nice bonus for them to have way undergraded the card, but fact is it is equally careless. That would have flown 20 years ago, but the present and future of the hobby entails accurately graded cards. Just too much at stake for it to be otherwise.