View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 03:35 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Anybody have any advice on what the meat and potatoes basic/base Ja Morant Rookie card would be to get?

I've dipped my toes in the water and picked up a few of his cards, but there's like 5 thousand different Rookie cards.

Is it Donruss Rated Rookie, Donruss Optic, Panini Prizm base (there seems to be like 150 different Prizm cards to). There also seems to be at least a couple different poses/numbers in each base set. There's cards with him in his college uniform that seem to have a 2019 copyright date on the back while the ones in his Memphis uniform all look like they have 2020 on the back, but people seem to like the Memphis ones better than the college ones.

Questions from a recently modern newbie. Thanks.
College cards are very seldom valuable even though they are the first issues. I know of no one that considers them a rookie and I avoid them like the plague.

That rookie year the most collected base RCs (for Ja and Zion) are the base Panini Prizm in my belief, with Optic in second. Some base have short printed alternate poses, research before you buy. The costs have dropped quite a bit since last year as well, so it's not a terrible time to pick it up. If per chance he gets MVP (Not probable, but not impossible) they would be going back up.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 02-14-2022 at 03:39 PM.