View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Well, I just "chatted" with Robby at PWCC, and he said there is no way to permanently update your account to have auction winnings automatically sent to you. The default is to the vault; and you have to go in every time you pay your invoice, and change the default to your own address. This will have to be done every single time, as the default never changes from the vault; you are just temporarily changing it to your own addres, from the vault, on a one-time basis.

Steve
And I'll bet that little fact is not prominently posted somewhere on their site for all to see, on purpose. For all the somewhat intelligent business decisions and moves they seem to have made over the years, I wonder if this may not end up being one of their much lesser liked ones. It seems fairly obvious their goal is to funnel more people to using their vault, but by not even allowing your customers to permanently disable that feature, I can see them losing some business over it. If you should in the future see them suddenly adjust this policy/feature somehow, I would suspect it to be from getting a lot of flak from customers and/or a drop in business attributed to this policy of theirs. From a business standpoint, what with them getting kicked out of Ebay and then starting their own online platform, you'd think they'd want to make the transition for their customers and consignors as easy, simple, and similar as possible, at least to start out with.