View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Jim Smiley

Default Alternatives to checks for newer guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
Very cool guys! Keep them coming!!!

Mr Smiley- May I ask, please, in regards to checks not really being available for newer guys like Boggs, Griffey jr, Bagwell, Harold Baines, etc what do you do or what do you recommend in regards to trying to add those guys to the collection?

Thanks
Hi Richard. Please call me Jim.

While checks provide a solid example of player's autograph, there are a lot of other desirable forms as well. I most prefer handwritten letters with meaningful content. Of course that's hard to find on every player, not to mention expensive.

My website has a page every player in the Hall and almost 300 guys who aren't in Cooperstown. The links here in the reply go to the appropriate pages on the site. I've also included images from the guys you mention, Wade Boggs, Ken Griffey Jr., Jeff Bagwell, and Harold Baines. The Baines piece is the actual lineup card that hung in the Texas dugout for Harold Baines' last game with the Rangers. On his page there are also a couple of autographed cards.

For me, part of the fun of collecting is learning about the game then writing up a little something for each of the player pages. Drop me a direct message or email and let me know what you enjoy about the hobby. It's always fun to connect with collectors.

Take care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wade-Boggs-autoball-784x1024 (1).jpg (12.0 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg Wade-Boggs-letter-797x1024.jpg (6.6 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg griffey-letter-805x1024.jpg (6.9 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg bagwell-topps-798x1024.jpg (10.3 KB, 711 views)
File Type: jpg baines.jpg (12.8 KB, 707 views)