View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:46 PM
Chuck Tapia

while I usually hate signature "cuts" of all kinds and contrived cards, I happen to love this one and ESPECIALLY the story behind it.

I know a lot more about the 80's-90's version of his signature and not the earlier versions, which I believe this "cut" is. I always said I would rather have a cold cut, than an autograph cut as they are 99% fake. So,I would say the signature looks good and signed in the 50's-70's, so it's got that factor going for it. Maybe someone else can confirm that? Someone that might know more than the formerly known, Lowly Mantle collector.

I love Mantle cards and autos. I probably have every one and at minimum 20 Mint balls. I'm about done buying cards due to having everything I ever wanted. I haven't purchased a Mantle Autograph in at least 5 years when the card bug hit.

You ask about approx value: I know nothing about the card before today. The story hits me and it's pretty cool. I'd give you 1K for it. So, I guess it's worth 1K.

Thanks for sharing the story and beautiful it was passed down to you by your dad. I can tell you cherish it and that makes my day. Personally, It would be with me until I passed it on to the next generation, but I'm a semi-hoarder( in small quantities) who still thinks sentimental value means something.