View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
It's not about gun control, it's about controlling the insane and sick minded
I'll start off by disclosing that I've never owned a gun, and I never will.

I'm going to agree with this statement. Many of these cases are undiagnosed schizophrenics. This illness typically is onset in a male around age 18. If this is true for this guy, that would mean he walked around for many years without anyone taking notice.

I deal with this on a daily basis, with a close family member. The treatments are terrible, there's no funding... I suppose it's not terminal so why should there be any, right?

I will also share that the time between onset and diagnosis of my family member was the most frightening time of my life. He couldn't tell the difference between the tv, radio, what I was saying or what was coming from the dog. The doctors later told us that the frontal lobe of his brain no longer functions correctly. Now we deal with him on a daily basis, on medication that only works sometimes. Constantly living in worry that he'll stop taking the medication and we'll have to start over... Which happens at least once a year. I can really, from expereance, imagine how this guy really thought he was in a movie. It's a damn shame. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families...

Matt

Last edited by Matthew H; 07-21-2012 at 12:24 PM.