View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlowe1 View Post

Dan & Barry - it should be clear why I don't like this thread. If I'm arrogant, at least I have a track record of being right about some things sometimes. This guy doesn't have a clue and nothing anyone says is going to help. He still doesn't know what he doesn't know, and kindly reasoning will not change anything. If he wants to comprehend reality, he should try to get a copy of this card placed in JJ's file at HoF.
Mark, I don't think you're arrogant about it...I do think you come off as angry though when these threads pop up and I can understand that you don't like to see collectors be taken by misidentified photos, but IMO threads like these are educational. Even if some people can't be convinced it doesn't mean the thread isn't useful. A part of this hobby has always been speculation. It's fascinating to me what this thread did for a card that's been floating around the hobby for 100 years now as a "common." I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Brett has already stocked up on more than a few of these cards before posting this thread.