View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 01:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
And here's a counterpoint. If a card is common enough and has an established recent value range, it shouldn't matter if an extra 10,000 people or however many view auction 2 instead of auction 1. None of those extra eyes should be willing to pay more than the card is worth/available elsewhere readily. By your theory, almost every PWCC card would sell higher, since it has more eyes on it, and it's just empirically not true.
It can be about getting more eyes on stuff, which is Ebays most solid contribution.

But it's more about getting the right eyes on stuff.

A friend collects 16mm films, and is I think pretty well known in that hobby.
I tried helping him sell some of the cheaper stuff.. Had a print of a pretty decent school film of a famous story. It was everything you could ask for, low fade emulsion on Mylar, and looked like it had hardly ever been used. Maybe even a couple B or C list actors too. Not super valuable, but very nice.
I listed it twice at 24.99, no bidders. Told him I couldn't see letting it go for less. He listed it higher, using my description and pictures. Sold in under a day at fill price, Maybe 40?
On the other hand, I would list stuff that was practically junk, with an accurate description of its faults, and for me that stuff sold.