View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
I totally agree...95% of the time there should be no reason a buyer can't pay for an item within 2 days (and in my experience, 80% of buyers do).....7+ days is just LAZY and sloppy, in my opinion. If you don't have the money available, don't buy the item and don't waste the seller's time. If my items are unpaid or the buyer hasn't made an effort to contact me with a reason, I'll send a second invoice at 5 days and I won't hesitate one minute past 7 days to report a non-payment with Ebay. Most of the time it lights a fire under the buyer's rear end and they submit payment.....for me, taking the time to make extra trips to the post office 7+ days after an auction ends is annoying and a pain in the butt.....(in a way it's also my fault, I guess, because I choose to sell on Ebay and should be used to it by now). Ebay can be/frequently is frustrating.
When I was selling I got used to using the click and ship through Ebay. A small discount on postage, cheap DC - like .18 on first class and free on priority, and I could just give the packages to the postman. Just that last bit saved a load of time. I'm in a fairly urban area, so if you're suburban or rural it might be less useful? I would be nice to the carrier and took all the big stuff to the post office, but since it had the click and ship labels I could just leave it with them if the line was long.

I haven't checked in a while, I thought Ebay wanted 3 days max for payment? I've always tried to get stuff paid in less than that. I have forgetten a couple, and always felt bad about forgetting. It usually happens when there are also buy it now items I'm considering. One I totally spaced and was way late. The seller was very nice about it, and I sent him a little extra for being so slow(He didn't ask, I just added a bit to the payment and explained the extra in the message)

SteveB