Thread: Pedro Martinez
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
JMO but who would forge a Pedro Martinez? Did not realize there was that big of a market for him. Again JMO, would love to hear from the Pedro experts...Oh never mind there are none because Pedro was a jerk and no one wants his autograph!!!...Sorry guys I just snapped and as a life long Yankee fan the image of Pedro grabbing Don Zimmer's bald little head threw me into a blind rage all over again!!! But to the point is there a real reason to forge his auto?
Who would forge a Pedro autograph?? He was a HOF pitcher who had one of the greatest 5-6 year runs ever. He certainly was a bit of a diva and would throw at a guy every now and then, but he's not alone in either category. Do people want Bob Gibson's autograph? I am sure thousands in New England and across the country would like Pedro's autograph.

And pushing a guy out of the way when he's charging at you, regardless of his age? I certainly am a biased Red Sox fan but unless Joe Buck hadn't gone on a rant as it happened about how evil Pedro was (without seeing the replay to see Zimmer charging at him), it wouldn't have gotten the infamy it did.

Last edited by scooter729; 02-22-2017 at 10:07 AM.