View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Default 2 Year Anniversary

Posted By: Elliot 

Since nobody else mentioned it, this is the board's two year anniversary in it's present form. I wish i could post some eloquent words like others on here, but I want to thank everybody for their contributions, this forum is the sum total of everybody's efforts. A special thanks to John Spencer and Mike Williams who provided the genesis for this forum with the old Full Count board. (It would be great to have you guys posting more often.)

It's come a long way from the beginning when a lot of people thought it would fall apart within a couple of weeks after some of the previous problems, but I think it has really grown into the place "to be" for pre war baseball cards.

I'd like to do a bit of updating to the forum---at the very least change the background---and would like to hear suggestions. I definitely think the pop-up ads, and lack of a search function need to be addressed. As I have a pop-up blocker, I sometimes forget how annoying these can be. I'd like to hear all ideas and suggestions, including changing the webhosting service, especially before we commit to spending money for some upgrades, and also the moderator.

My personal preference is to stay with N54 as the webhost service for several reasons----1) people have finally found where we are 2) there is an unlimited amount of archiving available 3) costs are very reasonable and 4) we would keep all of our current archive.

I would also be remiss if I didn't make a plea for more of the lurkers to post---the forum is only as good as what we put into it. Everybody's ideas and opinion are welcome.

Elliot