View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 04:35 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
Congrats on the sale. I have that one in a PSA 8. Wondering what it would go for as I see the lower grade ones are bringing a nice chunk of change. Cheers.
With oddball pieces like this, it’s just a question of who’s in the market, and how much they’re willing to pay. Demand for oddball pieces tends to be thin, but all it takes is a few motivated bidders at auction for the price to go to the moon. With your PSA 8, since it’s the highest graded, and the next one is not even close, there’s the potential for a few guys to go nuts on a set registry play.

At the same time, it’s so difficult to find these in any grade that you often get some compression in the market, with even low grades pieces selling for museum prices. Unlike with mainline pieces, where a pop 1 PSA 8, none higher might sell for 10x or 100x of a PSA 2, with the oddball stuff, it could go for 2x or it could go for 100x. Just need the right buyers to be motivated enough to pay that much for it.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if you could easily get $10-20k on a bad day, and probably approach 6 figures on a really good day.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 07-04-2023 at 04:37 PM.