View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 11:28 PM

Default what the

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius31 View Post
Hi Carlton, that is a beautiful painting and great to see the associated publication!

The Prang painting is a modern reproduction but not a print...100% oil painting based on the original Prang lithograph. I had it done as a companion piece to the original Prang lithograph in my collection (the second one titled "A Stolen Base?"). I also collect some 19th century boxing items although very limited. Beyond these paintings, my idea of original art is woodcuts...it would be my dream to find an original baseball woodblock which was used in one of the 19th century publications. I have never seen one.

George
George,
Interesting item on your want list, that original woodblock...I agree I've never heard of one...if you get time email me photos of your 19th century boxing items, would like to see. May I ask who painted your Prang copy painting?...they did a great job!

Speaking of emailing....I don't know what the heck happened....I thought I was emailing you my question direct with photos of my Hy S. Watson football painting...I even noticed I didn't get an email reply from you!...I never even looked back on this thread till today...late night fuzzy brain I guess LOL...I wouldn't usually want to post a football piece on someone's baseball specific thread...Nevertheless thanks for your reply.....and apologies to the constituency for the intrusion.
-Carlton