View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite E-Bay purchases for August...

Posted By: Aaron M.

Alas, E-Bay isn't just about the scams (just mostly). Anyone make any great buys on the site last month? Great seller? Great bargain? An undiscovered gem? A last-second snipe that left the underbidders in tears?

My favorite for last month was an inexpensive, fairly common Harry Pulliam tobacco label that I'd regretfully passed on at the National (too many dealer tables, too little time). A couple weeks later, one popped up on E-Bay in one of Scott Gaynor's auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5116162207

In the past few months I've won four or five different auctions of his and always the same--he ships immediately upon receipt of funds (not once has he waited for one of my checks to clear), the items are always packed extremely carefully (to the point of overkill!), and the items always arrive exactly as described (if not better than).

No different this time around with the label arriving less than a week after I'd mailed off my personal check from California. Deserved props to SCGaynor.

Anyone else?