View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 06:39 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Default Question about selling basketball rookies

I’ve been a member here for a decade now and have many great deals both selling and buying but always baseball. A friend of mine has a small lot of raw basketball cards that he has had for over 20 years and kind of forgot about until I asked him a few weeks back about them.

At the time he collected he was attempting to get the rookie card of the NBAs 50 greatest players that they put out in 2000. He was successful in getting 48 of the 50 before giving up because his career took him overseas and couldn’t continue.

The two he never got were the George Mikes and Michael Jordan.

About 10 years ago he needed some emergency cash and sold off most of the biggest ones. After that they went into a box in the closet only to reappear two weeks ago when I inquired.
Anyway, he is thinking about selling the remaining cards but has absolutely no interest in piecing them out on eBay and asked me for suggestions.

My question is as follows: is Net54 a good place to try and move a lot like this?

Like I said most are of the big ones are sold (ie, Chamberlain, Bird/ Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Alcindor etc) but does still have Dr. J and Maravich as well as other smaller names from the list.
He doesn’t need the money but is willing to sell as one lot. I’ve done some eBay research to see approx. value but prices are all over the place so it’s hard to say approx. value.

Any thoughts on if Net 54 is a good place to try?

Any help or tips are appreciated,

Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 02-01-2021 at 06:40 PM.