View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 10:57 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Not all players, but pretty close to all the starters, usually 9 at each position and 27 Outfielders. No DH. You could write in a player, but the ballots only had room for three in each league. The AS ballots probably read like the HOF ballots roughly 10 years later.

I guess it's something to consider, but it hardly ever goes as expected, and securing an online vote is a challenge. Which is why a rap artist called pitbull played Kodiac Alaska. Online voters decided to send him someplace strange. He was offered a chance to decline, but went through with it, becoming one of the few rap artists I like (And I haven't really heard much of his music at all )

The change I would make would be not eliminating a player getting below a certain precentage of votes. A player shouldn't be penalized just because 4-4 superstars decided to retire in the same year.
That is a good point about what happens when several great players all retire in the same year. There is no perfect answer. Maybe what they're doing now isn't so great, but what else can we do? Oh well.