View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 AM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I certainly am online much of the time. What I don't understand is the broadcasting of people's every move throughout the day and everything that happens in their lives.
Peter, I've never understood it either. I just want to tell all of them to have some pride in themselves. The idea of acknowledging I am "FOLLOWING" someone makes that little guy in my stomach stand up and sprint around with ferocity. For many, it's their source of worth and the fallacy that people care about every tiny thing they're doing encourages them daily.

I know I am in the minority, but, I am 27 and I HATE social media. I have no facebook, and I will never have a twitter account. I don't care if I decided to go on some stupid American Idol or The Voice show just to make some money, I would still not make a twitter account. I was at University of Miami within the first few months of Facebook growing, and saw someone on it. I checked it out, but I would only go on to play games, such as Scrabble or Bejeweled. I deleted my account 3 or 4 years ago, which caused friends and even family to ask me (literally, my grandma asked me...) "How am I going to get into contact with you now??? Don't leave!"

About Net54's threads showing resemblance to the form of communication on social media, I think there are elements of certain threads that are rather similar, but, I think for the most part, one could still consider Net54 a safe haven from social media.

Last edited by npa589; 04-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.