NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-29-2020, 03:30 PM
Phil Garry

Default Meet and Greet in Florida?

I've been living down here in the Orlando, FL area for the past five years now and was wondering if there is any interest from board members in this area to meet up, whether it's a dinner type of event or something else, I'm open to suggestions. Since I'm basically right in the center of the state, I wouldn't mind traveling a couple of hours north, south, east or west in an effort to make this happen.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Bruce Fairchild

I'll be in Lakeland on Feb 7,8 and 9
Old 01-29-2020, 04:05 PM
Bryan Dec

Hi Phil,

There is a sports card show in Palmetto, FL (just south of St. Pete) on Feb. 21-23, and in addition to PSA being at the show, there will be vintage dealers Levi Bleam (707), Dick DeCourcy (Uncle Dick), John Bucci, Art Smith & myself, etc.

It is opening weekend for Spring Training, so maybe a "Net54" meet might work for that Saturday at the show, with a dinner right after the show.

Regards,

Bryan Dec
Old 01-29-2020, 04:07 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

why not meet at the super bowl its in miami..or even next year in tampa...

or even the nfl experience..i was there this year and there is paninni or however you spelll it, an auction house and there and lots of players to meet etc

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-29-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:20 PM
Phil Garry

Thanks for the replies, guys, some interesting ideas there for sure. It will probably take a little time to get things coordinated so the Super Bowl in Miami in four days is probably out but next year in Tampa, maybe? An even better idea for football fans, for the past couple of years, the Pro Bowl has been moved from Hawaii to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. That event won't draw nearly the same congestion into the area and might be an easier choice to work with. Unfortunately, it just happened for 2020 four days ago so it would be another "wait till next year" event.

Bruce: Lakeland is about 45 minutes from downtown Orlando so you won't be too far away. Time wise though, it might be a bit too soon to get something together. Let's see what kind of additional responses we get. If you wanted to, I could probably meet up with you one of those days and grab a bite to eat, etc.

Bryan: Good to hear from you. The card show in Palmetto might be a feasible choice, the 21st of February is my wife's birthday though. I think she might have plans for that weekend that I don't know about yet and we share one family car so not sure if it will work out for me. That's not to stop others who would like to attend though. I would be happy to make the trip on most other weekends, is it a regular show or just once a year, etc.?

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 01-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:14 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Bruce: Lakeland is about 45 minutes from downtown Orlando so you won't be too far away. Time wise though, it might be a bit too soon to get something together. Let's see what kind of additional responses we get. If you wanted to, I could probably meet up with you one of those days and grab a bite to eat, etc.
I'll also be in Viera, near Melbourne, March 4-14.
I'll pm you.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:33 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I live in Viera, Fl which is about 45 mins east of Orlando and would be interested in getting together
Old 01-29-2020, 07:40 PM
Steven Finley

I take the family to Manasota Key (about an hour south of Tampa) 3-4 times per year. If you guess end up planning something, I might be able to coincide a trip.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:13 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdecsports View Post
Hi Phil,

There is a sports card show in Palmetto, FL (just south of St. Pete) on Feb. 21-23, and in addition to PSA being at the show, there will be vintage dealers Levi Bleam (707), Dick DeCourcy (Uncle Dick), John Bucci, Art Smith & myself, etc.

It is opening weekend for Spring Training, so maybe a "Net54" meet might work for that Saturday at the show, with a dinner right after the show.

Regards,

Bryan Dec
I'm a snowbird in Sarasota, for orioles spring training, until end of April. I'm also planning to be at the Palmetto show, probably the 22nd.

Alan Strout
Old 01-29-2020, 09:26 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Me and the wife have been looking to move to Florida from Toronto for a while so if anyone is hiring a CIO or VP of Technology I'll move down and make sure to attend the meetup
Old 01-29-2020, 09:34 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I'm interested if anyone wants to meet up in the South Florida tri-county area.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:09 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Hi Bryan & Phil,

As you know Bryan, I'm south of Tampa - half-hour from Palmetto. Can you give me the address and show hours?

Coming up to see the Yankees?

Phil, I was at the FUN Convention a few weeks ago. Did you make it?

Jerry
Old 01-29-2020, 10:18 PM
Brian T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
Hi Bryan & Phil,

As you know Bryan, I'm south of Tampa - half-hour from Palmetto. Can you give me the address and show hours?

Coming up to see the Yankees?

Phil, I was at the FUN Convention a few weeks ago. Did you make it?

Jerry
Sun City or where abouts, Jerry?

I'm in Valrico
-Brian
Old 01-29-2020, 10:54 PM
Felipe Duran

I am in the Naples FL area and would love to meet up.
Lets try and get something going
Old 01-30-2020, 05:28 AM
Bryan Dec

Here's the info for the show, and the address is: 1303 17th St W, Palmetto, FL 34221

Jerry, I haven't been up for a Yankees spring training game, and hope you can make the show.

Thanks,

Bryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020 Kent Show.jpg (68.0 KB, 568 views)
Old 01-30-2020, 07:03 AM
Phil Garry

Seems like we have a number of people interested in getting together. Consensus seems to be split between southeastern and southwestern Florida. I haven't heard from anyone up north in the panhandle or Jacksonville areas. Is there anything a good deal further south of Kissimmee that is kind of in the center of Florida? If not, if we try to coordinate something during Spring Training, maybe the Vero Beach/West Palm Beach area on the east coast or Clearwater/St. Pete on the west coast? Who would be interested in doing something like that?

The Palmetto card show sounds good, I just won't be able to make it that weekend.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 01-30-2020 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:48 AM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Thanks Bryan,

Been to Tampa's Big Top in Thonotosassa lately? I met Dick DeCourcy there awhile back. Next card show is Feb. 15.

Hi Brian,

Yes, Sun City Center. A fellow club member lives in Valrico. We belong to the Brandon Coin Club - meetings are held in Bloomingdale. Club members of various interests: coins, paper, military, sports, tokens, etc. We sponsor three shows a year in Brandon - next one in April. http://bcc.anaclubs.org/

Jerry
Old 01-30-2020, 07:35 PM
Phil Garry

Jerry:

I was at the Tampa show in November, missed the December one. My understanding is that the flea market property is being sold to a developer, of course, putting up condos/townhouses sounds like the long-term plan. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate nor do I know the time frame but it sounds like this might be the last year for it, if it makes it through the year.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:29 AM
John W

I'm from Chicago visiting Jacksonville this weekend leaving Monday, but I could return for the show and to meet others. I'm at 57 right now of the HOF T206's and looking to purchase additional cards in the PSA or SGC 3 to 5 range. Maybe someone here can connect me with a dealer that could be helpful? Or if you have T206's for sale you can always email me at traderjohn1968@gmail.com.I can then provide my wish list of the remaing cards. And please post again if you plan to meet at the show. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:38 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Dan Williams has a brick and mortar in Jacksonville.

Dan's Sports Cards and Games
2740 Park Street
Jacksonville, Fl 32205

Tell him Dan sent you!
Old 01-31-2020, 09:45 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Our monthly Jacksonville show is Saturday Feb 1 tomorrow!

3130 Hartley Rd. (off San Jose Blvd. / Exit 5 off I-295)
Jacksonville, FL

8:30-2:30

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwntux View Post
I'm from Chicago visiting Jacksonville this weekend leaving Monday, but I could return for the show and to meet others. I'm at 57 right now of the HOF T206's and looking to purchase additional cards in the PSA or SGC 3 to 5 range. Maybe someone here can connect me with a dealer that could be helpful? Or if you have T206's for sale you can always email me at traderjohn1968@gmail.com.I can then provide my wish list of the remaing cards. And please post again if you plan to meet at the show. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:41 PM
Cory

I’m in Windermere, which is very close to a Orlando.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:47 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

So who will be at the show on Friday Feb 21?
Old 02-16-2020, 04:21 PM
Ken McMillan

A meet up in Jacksonville oe St Augustine would be awesome. Would f
Definitely attend
Old 02-16-2020, 08:53 PM

I'm in Casselberry (north of Orlando). I hang out at Big League Cards every Friday for trade night, and I set up every 2-3 months at the Jacksonville show.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:49 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Im in

Another Jacksonville long time collector who would meet up with others if in the NE Fla area. Im Rocky for those of you who I may have already met.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
Another Jacksonville long time collector who would meet up with others if in the NE Fla area. Im Rocky for those of you who I may have already met.
Hi Rocky,

I am a Socal transplant of about 2 years. I live in Nocatee just south of Jax and work in St Augustine. Into E121-80 Yankees and Giants, t205 and T207 Cubs, and Topps Cubs. My Topps collection has every base set card fron 1951 to current. We should meet up sometime.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Phil Garry

You guys in the Northeastern part of Florida, how about a meet up in the Daytona area, there are a number of good restaurants on the speedway across from the racetrack. That locations is a little under an hour east for me and probably about an hour south from the Jacksonville beaches and maybe 40 minutes south from St. Augustine.

I also frequent Big League Cards in Casselberry, live about 15 minutes from there.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 02-17-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:52 PM

Phil, do you ever go to Big League on Friday nights for trade night? Even though I live about 6 minutes away, I usually restrict my visits to then (otherwise I spend too much). I also write the weekly blog for Big League's site.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 AM
Phil Garry

I'm usually at Big League early in the day, I go maybe once every couple of weeks. Later in the day is a busy time for me and they close at 6 every day.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:58 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
You guys in the Northeastern part of Florida, how about a meet up in the Daytona area, there are a number of good restaurants on the speedway across from the racetrack. That locations is a little under an hour east for me and probably about an hour south from the Jacksonville beaches and maybe 40 minutes south from St. Augustine.

I also frequent Big League Cards in Casselberry, live about 15 minutes from there.
I'd be interested. I'm an hour or so south in Rockledge/Viera, FL
Old 02-18-2020, 09:31 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:

Daytona would be doable for me. A little over an hour from me.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:56 AM
Phil Garry

Sounds good, guys. Would Sunday, March 1 work for you at some point during the day? That would give us close to two weeks to see how many people we can get together. If not, bike week/spring break follow right after that, maybe we wait until April? There is a minor league team playing in Daytona, season usually starts mid to late April there, possibly meet up at the park and take in a game with some hot dogs and fries?
Old 02-19-2020, 09:22 AM
Gobucsmagic74

March 1st works for me
Old 02-19-2020, 01:52 PM
Phil Garry

Good, thanks, Dan. Let's see if we can get at least a couple of more confirmations for that date and we'll do it. Any suggestions for a meeting place, maybe somewhere on the Speedway strip? I know P.F. Chang is there, kind of a nicer casual dining Chinese place, not real expensive if you stay away from lots of alcohol. Outback and Longhorn Steakhouses are also there along those same lines but American food. Carrabba's is an Italian food option, maybe a bit more pricey though.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 02-19-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:20 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default March 1

Im in assuming all the rest of my chaotic life doesnt interfere.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:36 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Good, thanks, Dan. Let's see if we can get at least a couple of more confirmations for that date and we'll do it. Any suggestions for a meeting place, maybe somewhere on the Speedway strip? I know P.F. Chang is there, kind of a nicer casual dining Chinese place, not real expensive if you stay away from lots of alcohol. Outback and Longhorn Steakhouses are also there along those same lines but American food. Carrabba's is an Italian food option, maybe a bit more pricey though.
I don't really know Daytona all that well. I'm open to whatever. The more dive oriented the better as far as I'm concerned, but that may require some local knowledge.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:45 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Anything happening with this?
Old 02-28-2020, 08:44 AM
Phil Garry

Good Question, Dan. I've been sitting back and waiting for any more replies, it's been more than a week since the last post. The way it looks to me right now, we have either 2 or 3 people in, plus myself. I'm fine with meeting up, even if that's all the interested parties that we will have.

Does it make sense at this point to wait until April and maybe we could meet at the Reds minor league park in Daytona and take in a ballgame? Or would you prefer to pick a meeting place, maybe somewhere on the speedway strip?
Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Gobucsmagic74

I'm fine with holding off until April. Not sure if I can commit to a game but we can always cross that bridge later.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:28 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Out this week

I am out for Sunday chaos got me
Old 02-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Bruce Fairchild

I'll be in Melbourne/Viera March 5-8, Sebring 9 & 10 and Melbourne/Viera 11-15.