NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Pinstriper780 aka Gle.nn Wil.lrich - banned

It looks like Pinstriper780 is our ex-member Gle.nn Will.rich who is not allowed to post anymore due to his uncontrollable temper. Pinstriper780 is banned now. I am positive it is him (or someone using his computer ).

and to add, Glenn wasn't banned before this he just couldn't post...now he too is banned. We are not going to have people going ballistic on the board and telling stories about certain issues, which don't pass the smell test....then have them try to sneak back in when the door is ajar.

Last edited by Leon; 06-07-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Didn't they sell the same e95 Plank card? It was incredibly blatant - he either thinks we're all dumb or he just didn't care if people caught on.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
Didn't they sell the same e95 Plank card? It was incredibly blatant - he either thinks we're all dumb or he just didn't care if people caught on.
And the scan was linked to the same Photobucket account
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
He says he is still on the forum so if anyone spots him let me know.....He isn't too happy with me......but oh well...
Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He says he is still on the forum so if anyone spots him let me know.....He isn't too happy with me......but oh well...
Leon,
My money is on you ! I know you will hunt him down and pencil whip him off the board faster than you can say WONKATICKET!!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Eric Shaeffer

That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting some "real life mobster card collectors" at the National.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Leon,
My money is on you ! I know you will hunt him down and pencil whip him off the board faster than you can say WONKATICKET!!
I really don't think he is a bad guy. He just isn't a good fit for our board. I don't think he will rip anyone off either. But there are certain requirements to being a member..... If you are honest, transparent and love baseball cards this is a great place. But we are a very tough crowd on folks who aren't all of those things. I don't ever take joy in banning anyone. I hate to do it. But there has to be some civility and credibility or the whole board goes to hell in a handbag.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Tom Boblitt

After you heal up from all your scabs Leon, my money is on you..............
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
octavio ranzola

net 54 rocks thanks leon
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
I hate to do it. But there has to be some civility and credibility or the whole board goes to hell in a handbag.
I agree Leon...oh BTW Leon screw you!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

How crazy is this guy Glenn Willrich? What kind of meds is he on? At least he's not talking about my ass or my Johnson so I guess it's an improvement.

Last edited by calvindog; 06-09-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
J@son M1ller

Just for the record, his intro to this board started with a botched BST transaction with me. I don't necessarily think he's a "bad" guy. Just a guy that doesn't follow through or have any integrity. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;-)
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Just for the record, his intro to this board started with a botched BST transaction with me. I don't necessarily think he's a "bad" guy. Just a guy that doesn't follow through or have any integrity. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;-)
Yeap, and if I recall correctly we cleaned the slate after that and started over with him. Then it happened again. After he wouldn't apologize for that, it was over.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Derek Granger

Default Banned

Okay, PHEW, sounds like he deserved to be banned. I incorrectly assumed a member was getting banned for trying to sell a t206 in the "non t206 T-card" section of the BST.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
I incorrectly assumed a member was getting banned for trying to sell a t206 in the "non t206 T-card" section of the BST.
Naw, if that happens, you just get flogged, not banned.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Jimi

Leon,

Do you have the ability to detect IP addresses? So, if he pops up again on the same computer, but with a different ID, can you pick up n that quickly? Not sure what administrative things you have access to....

Jimi
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Dan Bretta

I know as a moderator I can see IP addresses...I assumed this was available to everyone, but I've been a moderator on this board since day one so I'm not sure what it looks like to the non-moderator folk.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I know as a moderator I can see IP addresses...I assumed this was available to everyone, but I've been a moderator on this board since day one so I'm not sure what it looks like to the non-moderator folk.
Hey Dan,

I checked out your profile and can't see an IP address....must be a moderator thing. I'm guessing McQueen can see them, too.

Jimi
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Yeap, and if I recall correctly we cleaned the slate after that and started over with him. Then it happened again. After he wouldn't apologize for that, it was over.
I wasn't banging on you, Leon. You handled it the way you saw it. I was and am fine with it. Just letting the other folks here know that it wasn't just one infraction. He also flew off the handle after being questioned about it. Weird dude.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Rob

Default Glenn the Mob guy

He seemed OK to me. I thought he was one of Jeff's friends. He said he donated to the Okie charity fund, which I thought was worthwhile.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Scott S

For what it's worth, I bought a $1500 card from him a month or so ago - he shipped it overnight to me and it arrived without a problem.

I had no idea of his other issues so I guess I may have just been lucky, but I figured I would just chime in with my positive experience, so he's not all bad, at least!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A couple thoughts. I don't dislike Glenn. I don't think Glenn will rip people off. He just doesn't seem to have the temperament that does well, long term, on our board. It reminds me of applying for a job. Sometimes you can be very qualified but it's not the right environment. You don't get the position because of that. That is where we are with Glenn and his Net54baseball membership. I actually like the guy....but me liking or disliking someone has almost no bearing on their membership.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Ronald Goldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
How crazy is this guy Glenn Willrich? What kind of meds is he on? At least he's not talking about my ass or my Johnson so I guess it's an improvement.
I was bored so I googled Gle.nn Will.rich. This post made the fourth page of results.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 06-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
I was bored so I googled Gle.nn Will.rich. This post made the fourth page of results.
Hopefully it won't any longer...if you're going to post someone's full name without their permission please break it up with a period thrown in here and there.

Yours wasn't the only post I edited this for.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Ronald Goldberg

Dan, when I was writing my post, I did consider whether putting the full name was proper. Since the original post that I made reference to had the full name, I did not see the harm.

I do think you were right to edit my post, and I see that you also edited the original post which I think was the decent thing to do. I think everyone should be mindful, especially with what is currently in the news, that what is written here can be seen elsewhere. And that was sort of the point of my posting.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM

Original sale of Cobb card

Note the high bidder is 0***0 ( 9 )

Same card currently for sale on eBay

and one of the top bidders is none other than 0***0 ( 9 )

How can someone be so blatant about this? Why can't people just have some form of ethics within the hobby and do things the right way?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Hopefully it won't any longer...if you're going to post someone's full name without their permission please break it up with a period thrown in here and there.

Why should one need "permission" to post someone's full name? Is this a forum rule? Just asking.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Why should one need "permission" to post someone's full name? Is this a forum rule? Just asking.
Generally it's best to chop up a name a little bit so they don't get found in Google searches. There is no hard rule about it. And actually, if something unscrupulous is going on, having a full name might help others. But no real rule. If I put members names in their posts, due to board rules about privacy, I always split them up as a courtesy. For me, personally, I don't care if my name is out here or not, but a whole lot of people do.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:12 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

The other bidder with 100+ feedback has 100% bid activity with this seller also.

Member since 2009
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM

I thought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...item460ff88154 was sold already last week in BST (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169426)? Seems like the seller on eBay is still the original owner who claimed it was sold (last week).

Weird.

Last edited by ynnek4; 06-08-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Generally it's best to chop up a name a little bit so they don't get found in Google searches. There is no hard rule about it. And actually, if something unscrupulous is going on, having a full name might help others. But no real rule. If I put members names in their posts, due to board rules about privacy, I always split them up as a courtesy. For me, personally, I don't care if my name is out here or not, but a whole lot of people do.
Glenn Willrich threatened people on this board, engaged in fraud and otherwise acted like a scumbag -- why shouldn't people be able to learn this by finding this thread?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Glenn Willrich threatened people on this board, engaged in fraud and otherwise acted like a scumbag -- why shouldn't people be able to learn this by finding this thread?
Well, it's not like other members won't put his name out here. In this case the moderator team will probably not step in and change them anymore. Things are what they are. This board has never made it a habit of protecting anyone or any company. That being said I do think we need to be cognizant of the fact he can't respond anymore. The above ebay scenario is quite damning too, to whomever it is that owns that Cobb.

Last edited by Leon; 06-09-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

The "new" owner, also from Las Vegas, at least acknowledges the surface wrinkle.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:08 PM
MikeHealer

It seems like shilling and being a liar are his only faults(surely he has no other) and I'm not sure you can even count those as faults. I guess he's not such a bad guy after all.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Am I remembering wrong or was this the guy that frequently complained about bending buyers over on card prices? If it is the same guy, that seems pretty hypocritical to shill an auction.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:19 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:

I agree with Jeff on his name being allowed to be put in full view, mostly due to the lack of integrity he has willingly revealed.

If that's not the case, then can someone edit my full name out from a post by him?

I don't really care too much if my name is posted by someone respectable, but I do not want this Glenn Willrich's lies associated with my name. People who are unaware of the situation may not know any better. Among the many lies, I see that ynnek correctly mentioned that Glenn claimed to have "Sold" this card on Net54.

Post #27:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...cobb+sovereign

Last edited by npa589; 06-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.