NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default FS Mantle, Aaron, Mays

Thanks for looking

Last edited by Taxman; 10-08-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Changed out cards
Old 09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Cards

Thanks for the offers cards are still available.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Craig

Default 54 red heart mick

hi-interested in the red heart mick(6.5)-what are you asking/and or wanting to trade-thanks-peachlander
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 AM
James Wymer

Kirk could you post what you want for the cards please? Great cards by the way.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I would be interested in making you a fair offer on the '62 Aaron, but it would be based on the condition of the card, not what the flip says. Sorry, but there is no way that card is NM+, I don't care what BVG says. A lot of white is showing on those top two corners. It looks more Ex/Mt to me and my offer would be in the ballpark of an Ex/Mt card. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Kirk could you post what you want for the cards please? Great cards by the way.
PM sent...Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Cards

55Bowman Aaron is sold
52Bowman Mays will be in the next Sterling auction.

Thanks for the interest.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

David and everyone, as a friendly reminder, please remember to keep your comments about someone else's listing to yourself if they are negative and/or carry the potential to interfere in the seller's listing. Nothing personal, I just want everyone to have a fair chance to co-exist in a positive environment on BST.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Now, these are the type of cards i like to see. Amazing pieces.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
David and everyone, as a friendly reminder, please remember to keep your comments about someone else's listing to yourself if they are negative and/or carry the potential to interfere in the seller's listing. Nothing personal, I just want everyone to have a fair chance to co-exist in a positive environment on BST.

Thanks,
Brian
Thanks for you efforts Brian. I agree that these types of comments don't belong in this section.

FWIW, I think the card is worthy of the grade; although a better scan might help.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:

Thanks,
Brian
Brian,

I understand what you're saying, but it wasn't a negative comment and I wasn't trying to interfere in the seller's listing. It was a serious offer to buy based on the condition of the card. What's wrong with that? My only point was that there is no way that is a NM+ card and just because BVG says it is, doesn't make it so.

Here is a '62 Topps Musial in NM condition (supposedly half a grade lower than the Aaron). I think anybody would agree that the Musial is nicer than the Aaron. I can show you other examples of NM '62s that look just like the Musial.

Don't get me wrong, the Aaron is a nice card and I would love to have it in my collection and my offer still stands to buy it at an Ex/Mt price - the true condition that I believe the Aaron to be. And I agree with Chris's comments that it could just be the scan. If so, the seller should re-scan it to show it's true beauty. If that is the case, I would certainly pay a NM+ price, but my original offer to buy was based on the scan shown above.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

David,

Our rules are pretty clear on this. Your comment is critical of the card and has no place on the board as it is on the negative side and other prospective buyers may be influenced by your opinion. This sort of commentary may affect the sellers ability to sell the card, which is not allowed on our forum.

I understand your reasoning and desire to haggle in this case, however I would ask that next time you take it offline and send the seller a note directly so that other potential buyers aren't influenced. Much appreciated,

Brian
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
David,

Our rules are pretty clear on this. Your comment is critical of the card and has no place on the board as it is on the negative side and other prospective buyers may be influenced by your opinion. This sort of commentary may affect the sellers ability to sell the card, which is not allowed on our forum.

I understand your reasoning and desire to haggle in this case, however I would ask that next time you take it offline and send the seller a note directly so that other potential buyers aren't influenced. Much appreciated,

Brian
Really????

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=bruce

That thread was on the B/S/T board, so how were folks allowed to make 215 (mostly) negative comments in that thread, but nothing was done? In other words, how do you pick and choose which threads to enforce your rules? Wasn't that the thread that got Bruce banned?

Let's just make this real easy though. Looking at the card, do YOU really believe it's NM+? I was a (potential) buyer based on the card's condition, not what some TPA said it to be. My offer still stands to buy the card based on the condition, not the flip. The fact that it's BVG graded lends absolutely no credibility to me (not knocking BVG, they just blew it on this one). Heck, in fact, if the seller wants to sell it based on condition rather than what's on the flip, he can even crack it out of the slab and ship it to me raw - save me from having to crack it out myself.

I made an offer based on condition. I've done nothing wrong here. I'm done arguing this. If it is still a problem, have Leon call me. He has my number.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 AM

I believe that card is near mint.

If that card is in the condition claimed (exmt) then I need to re-evaluate my entire premises on grading, because the corners look pretty mint to me, allowing for one or two other slight problems (white chipping on an edge).

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

David,

Rules are rules. And to be honest, other members of this community reported this post to me on three different occasions so it's clear to me that your comments have rubbed some people the wrong way.

So again, I ask that you take it offline next time if you feel the need to negotiate a price down. I dont want to see anything in your posts from now on that may influence other buyers in a negative way. Consider this your friendly warning. Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by shammus; 10-06-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

My apologies. Clearly my eyes are playing tricks on me. That white stuff on the top two corners couldn't possibly be wear - not on a NM+ card.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:13 AM

7 /w superior centering & registration (imo) = 7.5

I see that white as fraying, I don't know what other members think and I won't speak for them - I believe that card is graded accurately.

I also believe that certain cards in the same grade holder appear better than others - I, again, believe that is a fairly and generally accepted in the community that one 9 can be different from another, and a 9 sometimes can appear better than a 10 (same case for 1 through 8's).

NM 7: Near Mint
A NM 7 is a card with just a slight surface wear visible upon close inspection. There may be slight fraying on some corners. Picture focus may be slightly out-of-register. A minor printing blemish is acceptable. Slight wax staining is acceptable on the back of the card only. Most of the original gloss is retained. Centering must be approximately 70/30 to 75/25 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the back.

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-07-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

David...while I tend to agree with your analysis of the card (at least based on the scan provided) I also agree with Brian in that your pointing out the flaws (as you see them) and rationale for why you are offering what you're offering will also impact what others might offer for the card. To be fair, posting that in the thread versus sending a message to Sean offline would seemingly only have the result of shrinking the pool of potential buyers or at least putting Sean at a negative bargaining position considering your are a pretty respected member on the board (in my eyes at least). If you and Sean negotiate off line, then the onus is on Sean to either accept/reject your appraisal of the card. Now, I'm sure some folks are going to use your assessment against Sean and he's likely not going to get what he could have out of the card. I don't have a dog in this race but if that was my card, I'd be a little bent that you posted that. Hopefully you take this post in the neutral and non-antagogonistic spirit it was written...Matt
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I support Brian's comments 100%. Any sort of analysis should have been done privately. Be careful in the future David, understanding you didn't mean any harm. Comments like those should be made privately to the seller and are part of the normal negotiating process....but they shouldn't be in the BST unless a seller starts the conversation. The rules are clear.