NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 autographed baseballs for sale

make me an offer i cant refuse and theyre yours
sflayank@aol.com
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

details?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Pete Sycks

Did you sign them?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseball

all signed by major leaguers
i would say mostly 80s and 90s guys
there are some 50s and 60s
if you can think of a major leaguer that no one heard of hes probably in there...but obviously a lot of guys you have heard of
almost all in cubes so figure for postage too
ive had many emails already so, im gonna say $10k and theyre sold immediately....but i WILL sell them tothe best offer
i am putting together a list of players but it obviously will take me some time as i just got them this afternoon
thanks
larry
sflayank@aol.com

Last edited by sflayank; 02-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Sent an e-mail never got a response.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Jim M.arinari

They don't happen to have YMC COA's do they?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseball

im pretty sure no one is counterfeiting rafael belliard or joe pepitone
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM
keith janosky

Sounds like you not even sure who is in the 1000 baseballs you just aquired so why would you come on here without saying who they are and how much they are until you have had time to go through them. Even condition is a big factor. Just my opinion. Like they say on Shark Tank- "I'm out"
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
im pretty sure no one is counterfeiting rafael belliard or joe pepitone
No offense meant, but you ARE in the epicenter of shenanigans. Can you go undercover and talk to the guys at the flea market (corporate headquarters)?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default to keithsky

based on your response you'd be out at $1 a ball
you dont really sound like youre playing with a full deck
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

As a person who has been involved in retail and commercial sales for nearly 20 years I have some constructive criticism as to your approach.

Last edited by sdkammeyer; 02-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

You want people to drop $10K on baseballs without a list (OK, Belliard and Pepitone, that's a start...) sight unseen and without any idea on condition, and you think keithsky isn't playing with a full deck? I think it's a pretty reasonable request to know who and what you're selling (and make that known to your potential buyers) before setting a price.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Jason

I really dont have any interest in the baseballs, but I am definitely entertained by this post. I would enjoy selling the baseballs though, anything to make a buck!

Check out this article, maybe some of these autos are represented.

http://m.deadspin.com/5820716/the-10...bration-part-1
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcollects View Post
i really dont have any interest in the baseballs, but i am definitely entertained by this post. I would enjoy selling the baseballs though, anything to make a buck!

Check out this article, maybe some of these autos are represented.

http://m.deadspin.com/5820716/the-10...bration-part-1
long live the mendoza line!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Sounds like you not even sure who is in the 1000 baseballs you just aquired so why would you come on here without saying who they are and how much they are until you have had time to go through them. Even condition is a big factor. Just my opinion. Like they say on Shark Tank- "I'm out"
Quote:
Call me stupid, but this is what I am understanding from these 2 posts.

1. kiethsky posts his concerns about the speed in which you are selling the balls. You just got them, you are trying to sell them without posting a list and without informing your potential buyers on the condition of the balls. That much I PRAY we can agree on.

on a side note ... you havent had time to put together a list of the autos in this lot, but you have had time to make responses. It's been 8 hours now since you first made a post about these balls. You were shown as being online until just a couple/few hours ago. Rather than answering questions that ask why you do not have a list posted why are you not spending that time to make a list? If this was truly a legit sale, the BEST way for you (as a seller) is to have that "Put your money where your mouth is" attitude and get a monster list of names with pics posted as soon as possible. It's the proverbial:
"now what do you have to say?"
"now what is your excuse for not buying my balls?"
"I am legit and f*ck you to anyone who thinks I am not"

But I'm not seeing that "fire" from you. I just see that "desire" .... and that's not a good thing to have in the sales world. Too much desire turns a buyer off. When you come off as desperate, you look shady. It doesn't matter if you are selling cell phones, Cadillacs, or baseballs...... ya' look shady.

So anyways ..... knowing what we now know ... let's move to the second post in my inquiry:

Quote:
2. Now are you inferring that "ok, if they are all fake you just lost $1000 and you are left with $10,000 worth of baseballs that cant be sold as "new" because they have fake autos on them"???????????

Raise your hand if you want to buy 1000 official balls for one dollar more than retail because they have fake autos on them!

Last edited by sdkammeyer; 02-10-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:04 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseball

apparently some people on this board cant read...it says in the post i am putting together the list ...i do not expect anyone to buy them without some sort of list..when some idiot says hes out because theres no list an hr after the post...hes not interested no matter what...the post is made to bring attention to the fact that they are available and a list is forthcoming so people will be aware of the post and check back to see a list....thats what a smart person does.....ive had a dozen emails sent to me already with interest and the list will be ready when its ready...and those nice people understand that...the people responding on this board ...who really think im asking for 10k in the blind...well theyre just not too bright
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
apparently some people on this board cant read...it says in the post i am putting together the list ...i do not expect anyone to buy them without some sort of list..when some idiot says hes out because theres no list an hr after the post...hes not interested no matter what...the post is made to bring attention to the fact that they are available and a list is forthcoming so people will be aware of the post and check back to see a list....thats what a smart person does.....ive had a dozen emails sent to me already with interest and the list will be ready when its ready...and those nice people understand that...the people responding on this board ...who really think im asking for 10k in the blind...well theyre just not too bright
Too many things wrong with this post... I spoke with you on the phone yesterday and I will refrain from commenting... Just know in my opinion and obviously other's you have done it wrong.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

$1 for the whole lot
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseball partial list is here

steve montgomery,jody davis,kane davis, brian anderson,paul wagner,steve cummings,ron kittle,mike cuellar(dec), hank sauer, peter munro,marv foley,jose cardenal,carl everett,tim salmon, greg luzunski,scott aldred,mike brumley,javier valentin,mark gardner,kevin morton,carlton loewer,steve balboni,billy ashley,turner ward,brett butler,yunel escobar,rafael roque,andy etchebarren,jose guillen,cecil cooper,gene oliver,jim fregosi,amos otis,vernon wells,barry zito,don baylor,elroy face,albert belle,jose oliva(dec),booby grich,bill madlock,herman franks,kevin brown,juan gonzalez,andres galarraga,todd worrell,jake peavy,lee smith,leon durham,bobby jenks,gregg jeffries,mark buerhle,boog powell,don larsen,steve garvey,jose lima(dec),ray washburn,jd drew,harold baines,dick schofield sr, bernie allen,herb score,lee smith,joel horlen,hugh alexander(pitched 1 yr 1937),phil gagliano,fernando valenzuela,dennis eckersly,jimmy piersall, bob tolan,shawn burton,cavey lopes,pete smith,abrahm nunez,,saltalamacchia,adam laroche,maglio ordonez,kelly mann,roberto rodriguez,doug mlicki,jim hendry,bobby crosby,dave cash,glendon rusch,dave eiland,bob tewksbury,chad fox,glen barker,ken silvestri,denny neagle,kit pellow,pete orr,shane monahan,jimmy hurst,colby rasmus,tim spooneyburger,dave hollins,steve blass,brandon inge,eddie perez,tracy woodson,don buford,bobby thigpen,rafael rogue,billy koch,jerry willard,jimmy key,orlando mcfarlane,dave silvestri,ernie whitt,ryan dreese,esteban loiza,wilbur wood,greg booker,woody held,rob butler,adam everett,jon vanderwal, david nied,jack clark,james molton,tom omalley,joe pepitone,mike hampton,steve foster,jeff wallace,dave veres,jim bullinger,steve wilson,dave otto,kevin belcher,kerry robinson,ricky horton,jim perry,joe cunningham,rick monday,rodney henderson,art ditmar,al leiter, aaron cook,rafael belkliard,tim wallach,sal fasano,jimmy cruthfield(negro leagues),reggie sanders craig shipley
also will consider selling the groups as i list them so if you want to amke an offer on this group feel free

this is the 1st batch ive gone through...im guessing the rest are from the same era same %s

Last edited by sflayank; 02-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM

Formatting! I'll be back after an eye exam
Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Skip

Are all the autographs in lower case?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
mike g

Default first day on the site

so i am a new comer here,
great site so far, good people good posts.
but this has to be the most entertaining thing ive seen in a while.
in the words of the computer geeks of this generation LOL,
well played sir
Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1986 View Post
so i am a new comer here,
great site so far, good people good posts.
but this has to be the most entertaining thing ive seen in a while.
in the words of the computer geeks of this generation LOL,
well played sir
well put and welcome to the forum, i agree - this is a very funny read like watching one of those Jersey Shore type shows.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
....thats what a smart person does.....
Now that's funny right there.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 PM
mike g

Default Jersey shore / baseball sale

you know that you are a complete clown not only when you list something like this. but then people are able to make jersey shore references that fit perfectly.
i would take all 1000 balls and 1 at a time throw them at your computer until it is completely destroyed. that way we are not stuck with these useless posts.
again, new to the sight, only the second day and the nonsense is still going strong.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM
mike g

Default evilking00

well said
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Steve Birmingham

You guys do realize the ballqubes retail for $3 each, and the balls if they're OAL or ONL are $15 each by the dozen?

So the price of 10K for 1000($10 each) is less than retail without autographs.

It's not even much above if all the balls are little league balls.

Even if every single one was fake a generous valuation would let you donate them and get the whole thing back as a writeoff.

I kinda wish I had that kind of dough availabe.

Steve B
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseball

thanks steve
most of the people on this board have very little knowledge of the business
my price for the 1000 balls is $8000
and correctly stated thats less then you could buy the cubes and the balls for without autographs....i never sell stuff on here because i learned years ago that a vast majority of the people on these boards look to buy stuff for $10 and sell it for $100...where as im happy buying stuff for $10 and selling it for $12...ill take 20% on my money anytime...i dont look to cheat people and I ignore the people looking to cheat me
larry
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
thanks steve
and correctly stated thats less then you could buy the cubes and the balls for without autographs....i never sell stuff on here because i learned years ago that a vast majority of the people on these boards look to buy stuff for $10 and sell it for $100...where as im happy buying stuff for $10 and selling it for $12...ill take 20% on my money anytime...i dont look to cheat people and I ignore the people looking to cheat me
larry
Larry, to be fair - if a buyer here knows what you paid for an item, they generally won't give you a nickel more, even if you got it for half price. On the other hand, it's okay for you to lose any amount of money. Not so much for cards, but for everything else.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I would think a coach of a little league team would be interested in balls for $8.00 a piece, (but he probably dosnt need 1000 of them) I would also think collectors would be interested in getting a ball or balls signed by HOF players any pay $100 - and up for them.

Just glansing as the list briefly there wasnt anyone of note, which is what the seller did explain. And $8.00 a ball is a good deal as well. I think it would sell better, if it was marked to a coach than collectors.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:36 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default 1000 baseballs

the funny thing is they all trashed them before the list
ill get another list up in the next few days and in fact there are HOF'ers
including a joe mccarthy single signed
Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
steve montgomery,jody davis,kane davis, brian anderson,paul wagner,steve cummings,ron kittle,mike cuellar(dec), hank sauer, peter munro,marv foley,jose cardenal,carl everett,tim salmon, greg luzunski,scott aldred,mike brumley,javier valentin,mark gardner,kevin morton,carlton loewer,steve balboni,billy ashley,turner ward,brett butler,yunel escobar,rafael roque,andy etchebarren,jose guillen,cecil cooper,gene oliver,jim fregosi,amos otis,vernon wells,barry zito,don baylor,elroy face,albert belle,jose oliva(dec),booby grich,bill madlock,herman franks,kevin brown,juan gonzalez,andres galarraga,todd worrell,jake peavy,lee smith,leon durham,bobby jenks,gregg jeffries,mark buerhle,boog powell,don larsen,steve garvey,jose lima(dec),ray washburn,jd drew,harold baines,dick schofield sr, bernie allen,herb score,lee smith,joel horlen,hugh alexander(pitched 1 yr 1937),phil gagliano,fernando valenzuela,dennis eckersly,jimmy piersall, bob tolan,shawn burton,cavey lopes,pete smith,abrahm nunez,,saltalamacchia,adam laroche,maglio ordonez,kelly mann,roberto rodriguez,doug mlicki,jim hendry,bobby crosby,dave cash,glendon rusch,dave eiland,bob tewksbury,chad fox,glen barker,ken silvestri,denny neagle,kit pellow,pete orr,shane monahan,jimmy hurst,colby rasmus,tim spooneyburger,dave hollins,steve blass,brandon inge,eddie perez,tracy woodson,don buford,bobby thigpen,rafael rogue,billy koch,jerry willard,jimmy key,orlando mcfarlane,dave silvestri,ernie whitt,ryan dreese,esteban loiza,wilbur wood,greg booker,woody held,rob butler,adam everett,jon vanderwal, david nied,jack clark,james molton,tom omalley,joe pepitone,mike hampton,steve foster,jeff wallace,dave veres,jim bullinger,steve wilson,dave otto,kevin belcher,kerry robinson,ricky horton,jim perry,joe cunningham,rick monday,rodney henderson,art ditmar,al leiter, aaron cook,rafael belkliard,tim wallach,sal fasano,jimmy cruthfield(negro leagues),reggie sanders craig shipley
also will consider selling the groups as i list them so if you want to amke an offer on this group feel free

this is the 1st batch ive gone through...im guessing the rest are from the same era same %s
I want to see a scan of the 'Spooneyburger'
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

I experienced interest in some... please send me scans of the baseballs i requested. thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default baseballs

thanks for the interest but i am only gonna sell large groups
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
thanks for the interest but i am only gonna sell large groups
Dude get out of here, you list hundreds of baseballs and only want to flip them all in one package? Good luck moving 300 no names for any sort of return.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 PM
N@te

I'd be interested in some of these names, but not all of them.

If you plan on breaking some up, let us know...

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

I would be interested in them for some BP balls if they are all OML baseballs. Those would make great batting practice.......just ribbing you. Message boards can be like a piraña on a hot dog at times. I think you will have better luck with a complete list. $8/ball definitely is a good deal, but I dont think you will move 1000 of them unless you have a couple hundred HOFers in the lot. Someone spending $8K will expect to triple up on those. Just sayin' from experience.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I believe it is Tim Spooneybarger 29th draft pick in '98 so it seems some of these are even more recent than 90's. Spooney had tommy john surgery and is now a junker...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I believe it is Tim Spooneybarger 29th draft pick in '98 so it seems some of these are even more recent than 90's. Spooney had tommy john surgery and is now a junker...
so your saying he isnt worth $8 dollars.... how many junkers are in your list
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
thanks steve
larry
Insulting your clientele is never a good idea imo
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
It sounded like a good name for a menu item - two patties kind of wrapped around each other.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Spooneyburger Scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Scott,

Here's a scan of my spooneyburger. Enjoy.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-05-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think I missed it, are all of those signatures in the list on one ball? That must be some really tiny handwriting. Kind of like the worlds smallest bible stuff.....Maybe we can call the Genus World Record people?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Jason S!m@nds

PM sent
Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Scott,

Here's a scan of my spooneyburger. Enjoy.
Frank, that looks like bad insulation.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think I missed it, are all of those signatures in the list on one ball? That must be some really tiny handwriting. Kind of like the worlds smallest bible stuff.....Maybe we can call the Genus World Record people?
You naughty boy