NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Andy

Default Ty Cobb Autographed Check Cut Corner

This is a beautiful Ty Cobb autograph taken from the corner of a personal check and in fantastic shape. Signed "Tyrus R. Cobb" in green flowing ink.
100% money back guarantee if this or any items are deemed not authentic by PSA or JSA
Ty Cobb Autographed Check Cut: $1249.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (11.3 KB, 309 views)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Brendan Mullen

Not being a jerk at all, but why would someone buy a cut/piece of a check for $1249 when they can get an entire Ty Cobb signed check for like $800?
Old 06-22-2016, 09:37 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Not being a jerk at all, but why would someone buy a cut/piece of a check for $1249 when they can get an entire Ty Cobb signed check for like $800?
hmm for a b/s/t/ thread i think you are acting what you say are not being . He can ask for whatever he wants..every item is different.....i think it opens up a slippery slope that everyone can comment on b/s/t why they think a price is too high.......you could of always just pm'ed him ...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-22-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
hmm for a b/s/t/ thread i think you are acting what you say are not being . He can ask for whatever he wants..every item is different.....i think it opens up a slippery slope that everyone can comment on b/s/t why they think a price is too high.......you could of always just pm'ed him ...
+1

Tho I agree the price is high, I wouldn't make a somewhat snotty comment like that publicly. JM two cents. Scott Roberts
Old 06-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Brendan Mullen

It's just irritating that he's been on the board for less than a week, offers no hobby knowledge, and just starts to post 10 separate items for sale, all with crazy high prices. A veteran, or someone who was on here for a while and offered some meaningful information (rather than just signing up and listing stuff for sale), I wouldn't have said a word. But my apologies.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 PM
qu@n nguy3n

agreed with brendan. it's annoying enough to ask for stoopid (tm 2008 n54) prices, but he's gotta spread it out to 8 different threads.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:15 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
It's just irritating that he's been on the board for less than a week, offers no hobby knowledge, and just starts to post 10 separate items for sale, all with crazy high prices. A veteran, or someone who was on here for a while and offered some meaningful information (rather than just signing up and listing stuff for sale), I wouldn't have said a word. But my apologies.
+1
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 06-23-2016, 08:10 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andenheber0 View Post
This is a beautiful Ty Cobb autograph taken from the corner of a personal check and in fantastic shape. Signed "Tyrus R. Cobb" in green flowing ink.
100% money back guarantee if this or any items are deemed not authentic by PSA or JSA
Ty Cobb Autographed Check Cut: $1249.00
well I guess I'm sorry too but after reading the post and the price I thought the exact same thing. I can get a full one for about $1,000 The first thing that jumps into your head. But then again you could ask whatever price you want for whatever you have doesn't mean you have to buy it
Old 06-23-2016, 08:28 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkco4bls View Post
well I guess I'm sorry too but after reading the post and the price I thought the exact same thing. I can get a full one for about $1,000 The first thing that jumps into your head. But then again you could ask whatever price you want for whatever you have doesn't mean you have to buy it
if everyone commented as to why a price was too high in their opinion on b/s/t i do think it would open a can of worms..but if you guys think its ok to start criticize asking prices on b/s/t and its open season, let me know...
Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 AM
keith janosky

It's almost like buying one of the card companies cards that they butcher up an autograph to put in the card and call it 1/1 and the guy asks some crazy ass price for it when you can buy the whole item that the autograph was on cheaper.

Last edited by keithsky; 06-23-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:39 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Thought we agreed not to piss in any bst threads, regardless of who started them...or how ridiculous they might be?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Thought we agreed not to piss in any bst threads, regardless of who started them...or how ridiculous they might be?
+100

For the 3-4, or so, members that didn't think Brendan's post was wrong, let me be very plain about it so there isn't any ambiguity. You are 100% wrong. There is no gray area here.
There shouldn't be commenting on asking prices like this unless there is some fraudulent activity going on. Any comments on pricing are against the rules otherwise. Please refrain from doing that.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Brendan Mullen

Again, and as stated earlier, my apologies. For real.

Tags
check, ty cobb autograph