NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Patrick Chan Immortalized Forever In Print

Got the new Old Cardboard today and it contains an article about the Old Mill scam that Chan got nabbed in. Great work again guys....he may not have gotten any jail time, but he will forever be linked with that scam.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Barry Sloate

I got mine today too. Yep, he's part of hobby history now.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Jim R

Thanks Dan

looks like he wants collectors to join the Museum and he has some new handy work-some 3 in 1 Piedmont errors.

I am glad Old Cardboard got this out there, needs to be common knowledge amoung collectors that Pat Chan and the Museum are a fraud and out to take every collector he/they can.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Joe P.

Default Damn!

Thar goes my chances of gettin an unopen Drum pouch with an Old Mill black overprint back.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Yank View Post
Thar goes my chances of gettin an unopen Drum pouch with an Old Mill black overprint back.
All you need is $12k.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
D.B. Cooper

Anyone else's Old Cardboard mag arrive with a black overprint? I think I got something special here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cover21.jpg (44.8 KB, 269 views)
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Joe P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
All you need is $12k.

$12K?
Now that's not bad.
What kills the deal is the fact that it doesn't have an Old Mill black overprint back to go with it.

I hear say, that there's a guy offerin to sell some purty good lookin Drum pouches for about $40 - $45 dollars.
The only problem is, they're empty pouches, no tobacco, and no Old Mill black overprint.
Maybe he can get this Patrick Chan guy to help him out?

$12K eh, hmmn.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony S. View Post
Anyone else's Old Cardboard mag arrive with a black overprint? I think I got something special here.

Anthony,

I think you're looking at this wrong. I believe you have the extremely valuable, Black Sharpie line, WITH an Old Cardboard UNDERPRINT!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Jim VB

And, for the record, I appreciated the Old Cardboard article so much, I got up from the sofa, walked into the next room and renewed my subscription for 2 more years. (It was almost up anyway, but I acted without being prompted.) Thank you Lyman!

I promise to do the same to SCD as soon as they run the expose on Coach's Corner. I'm not holding my breath however.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned

Jim,

Might I suggest, because you're in a subscribing mood, you not forget your old local newspaper.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Jim VB

Aaah! Why? I can get that crap on-line for free. (Wasn't I supposed to say that?)

(I actually subscribe to the Dallas Morning News and to USA Today.)
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Jim R

Default Lyman

I can't thank you enough for writing a very much needed article about the Museum and Chan.

Thanks to all who helped and to John (Wonka) for the PDF proof that made it possible for the FBI to go to Chans house. All the collectors efforts would have been spinning wheels if it was not for that PDF.

I know this hasn't stopped you Pat, but just remember good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.