NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-17-2016, 10:20 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Default Heritage Auction Question

I have bid with other auction houses but never bid on anything with Heritage until this current auction. In reading the auction rules I thought the items ended like most other auction houses, with the 15 or 30 minute rule. I just went to place bids on some of the cards that I had already placed bids and something popped up about placing bids in the live auction. I followed the link but don't see a live card auction. They just finished a coin auction. When is this live card auction? This seem like a very odd way to do an internet auction.
James

I see where I was confused. Unlike most other auctions, Heritage ends each lot individually instead of all items being extended 30 minutes when new bids are placed. This confusion caused me to miss out of a few cards that I really wanted.

Last edited by jfkheat; 11-17-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Their auction endings have been the same for years. They used to do a few live card auctions. They don't do live card auctions anymore, for the most part, as I don't think they felt that was the best way to auction cards. And each lot has always ended individually. (personally the way I like them to end)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I have bid with other auction houses but never bid on anything with Heritage until this current auction. In reading the auction rules I thought the items ended like most other auction houses, with the 15 or 30 minute rule. I just went to place bids on some of the cards that I had already placed bids and something popped up about placing bids in the live auction. I followed the link but don't see a live card auction. They just finished a coin auction. When is this live card auction? This seem like a very odd way to do an internet auction.
James

I see where I was confused. Unlike most other auctions, Heritage ends each lot individually instead of all items being extended 30 minutes when new bids are placed. This confusion caused me to miss out of a few cards that I really wanted.

Last edited by Leon; 11-18-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:31 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Thanks Leon. Like I said, this was my first time bidding in a Heritage auction. Like you, I also like the lots ending individually. If I had read the rules correctly I would have probably won a few cards that ended when they were scheduled to.
James
Old 11-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Scott S

I have bid in many Heritage auctions, but I agree with you that I think something may have been different in their terminology about the live auction aspect. There were references to bid in the live auction, when in fact there was no live auction for last night's cards.

I don't remember that language in their descriptions in the past, though I'm not 100% positive about it.

There were some amazing items in their auction last night, and I was happy to get a few!
Old 11-18-2016, 08:02 AM
Eric
Eric

Default My fault

I realize it was my fault, but with the different ending last night, one consigner missed out in at least $500 on a lot I was not able to up my bid on.
Huge fan of heritage, but this one was very frustrating.

Last edited by iowadoc77; 11-18-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Jeff P

I came here specifically looking for this discussion today. I can't believe that the one of the biggest auction house on the planet can't make their auction rules clearer. I've been bidding on HA auctions for years and still can never tell whether I've actually won something, an item is truly closed vs. shifting to a Live auction, etc. Their site is confusing at best, its difficult to tell for any auction what the rules are as the stated rules often conflict with text on the pages for a specific auction.

As Jamey mentioned, after I THOUGHT bidding on items was done, you could still type in a new bid and it would pop up a message telling you to go to their Live Auction site to bid further. VERY confusing as I went there multiple times, frantically searching for a Live auction as I was afraid that my high bid was somehow going to be overtaken without me being able to respond. I finally gave up and just went to bed. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 11-18-2016 at 09:06 AM.