NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Jesse Rosen

Default Anyone lose a package through PSA?

Hello all,

I have recently gotten back in to Baseball cards again after a long hiatus(13 years; between the ages of 14 and 27), and I decided to send all my best cards in to PSA for grading. They arrived at PSA on the 28th of January. On the 9th of February, I contacted PSA to see why they had not been processed yet. They told me that "it looks like someone signed for your package who does not work for us" and they can't locate my package.... This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard from a company that I sent such a high value package too(3k+). Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did they ever find your cards? All I have to say is that I my faith in this company is at 0... One of the cards that is "missing" is serial numbered. It is the best card I have ever pulled out of a pack personally, and it is a Michael Jordan Flair Showcase Legacy Collection 97-98 of row 1, set 1, section1, and is numbered 57 of 100. If you ever see this card it has been stolen, thank you.

Peace,
Jesse Rosen

Last edited by jezzeaepi; 02-11-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Steven Finley

First off, sorry about what happened. I have been lucky enough to have never lost a package in transit (knock on wood), but I have some friends who have and it is usually a pain to rectify.

A little more information would help.
Was that all the information PSA supplied you with?
Did you insure the package and DC?
Did PSA admit that package reached their property?
(Not to belittle you but) Did you double check the address you listed?

Sorry about the loss and hopefully everything will land in the right place.

P.S. You might catch some flack by posting anonymously with a first post along these lines. Don't take it personally. Everyone here is great, but certain rules are in place to keep the board from turning into 4chan.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default sorry it happened

Hi Jesse
Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully PSA will make it right for you or somehow find the package. As the previous poster said, you really need to put your full name by any post that is making those kind of statements. It's perfectly fine to make them.....but full names are required. IN this case the reason is that you could (I am sure you don't) work for a competitors grading company and just be bashing them.....for no real reason. Again, I am sure that didn't happen here but that is the reasoning behind full names in this type of instance. Take care.....
Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Anthøny N. ex

You should contact Adam Warshaw (Exhibitman) on this board. He's got some experience in this.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Jesse Rosen

No problem, I added my full name. I am a student at the Univerty of Washington.

The package was fully insured through fedex. PSA admits that it reached their property and that "someone" signed for it, but they have no idea who it is.

As far as the address is concerned, there is a slight issue. I sent it to the EXACT address that was on the back of the submission form, so I did everything right on my end. Unfortunetly it looks like PSA wrote down the wrong address for themselves on their own form... The address on the submission form does NOT list a them as being in "suite 100." It only gives the address for the building. The submission form is not old either, it is dated December 2010. I found this discrepency just yesterday when I looked at their website and noticed that they do indeed have "suite 100" as part of their address online, just not on the hard copy of the submission form that they sent me.
Regardless of the adress not having "suite 100" on it, it still had PSA listed as the recepient, so any fed ex guy should notice this.

Peace,
Jesse Rosen

Last edited by jezzeaepi; 02-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Jesse Rosen

Fed ex doesn't insure cards? Then why does PSA recomend them? And why did the fedex dealer I used accept the package when I told him it was $3300 of vintage baseball cards? lol this just keeps getting worse =P
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
M!ke S@il£r

What do you consider a "vintage" card? I'm just curious if these were cards from your collection when you were 13 years old?