NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Scott

Default Its Coach's corner Auction time for September.

Ok all, the Roach's have their September 10 Auction up. Please bid, show some of your favorites, and don't miss out. Morales, Scat, and other top authenticators only bring you the best, and some are even "OK'd by Lee" for certainty

Ok, here are some of my favorites. Please feel free to add yours and comment:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/walter...-baseball.aspx

That one looks like it was done by a kid and is simply horrible..

Next, we have:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/hof-gr...mlb-photo.aspx

I never EVER have heard of Babe Ruth adding quotes in 1942, was that common? haha.

Remember, LEE GUARANTEES ON THIS PIECE OF JUNK. Well, Lee is a WORLD KNOWN authenticator

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/derek-...es-jersey.aspx

So many, so I'll choose one "Vintage cut" to end my first group:

well, actually a gov't postcard, but look at this pathetic attempt:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/lewis-...-postcard.aspx

Again, visit the coach's. bookmark, bid and above all. have fun with the Number one CROOKS in the Hobby. Thank you.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM

Default hmmm...

is there any chance that those "bids" are fraud, and they are internal, trying to show interest...in hopes someone REAL bids...i cant imagine people spending $$$$ that much live in a barn and havent open there eyes
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Jim D

crazy... they have "artworks" that would probably fetch close to 7 figures if there were auctioned by Christie's or Sotheby's, or you can buy it hand signed for a mere couple hundred here at Roach's Corner!

How about lot 68... a Babe Ruth signed Yankees jersey.... Maybe they got it from Pawn Stars....

The Babe Ruth Ball looks brand new.. almost like the ball was made recently and then signed.....

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:21 PM

I'm starting to wonder if their bidders aren't made up solely of dirty dealers who plan to resale to dupes?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McMurry View Post
I'm starting to wonder if their bidders aren't made up solely of dirty dealers who plan to resale to dupes?
There are a few resellers of CC crap out there. You can be sure of that.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Jim D

I agree, i've seen some of it for sale displayed proudly with the cert!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
There are a few resellers of CC crap out there. You can be sure of that.
Case in point....

Take a look at this fifteen hundred dollar piece of gahbage....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mordecai-Brown-C...item4aa44e898a

I'm surprised that ebay allows it to remain up, as it's clearly STAT Authenticated. What an absolute joke that one is.