NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default h_yee auctions

i post this every year after every one of his auctions
there cant be anyone out there who believes he is legit
how is it possible every auction he gets double triple 5x what an item is worth on ebay..if he put his stuff in REA he wouldnt get half what he gets on ebay...and ebay as we all know right now is very slow...economy etc...I guarantee you that if i or anyone else put up some of the same items on ebay you cant get 25% of what he gets...its a joke...also is anything he sells real? alleged 1st generation photos? pins?
every auction he comes up with the same RARE NEVER BEFORE SEEN stuff and if you look back every auction he sets new record high prices...if this was 1929 he would still set record prices
i need a real explanation

Last edited by sflayank; 12-13-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Phil Garry

Larry:

I can't comment too much on the memorabilia items but I don't think there are any issues at all with the legitimacy of Henry's Type I photos and he clearly identifies those which he knows to be of later generation production.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default hyee

i dont know much about these photos
but i always wonder how u can have a 1st generation photo of the same picture 50 times...did the AP photographer take the same picture 50 times....and how can anyone possibly tell the difference...use 50 year old photo paper and make all the copies u want in your dark room...but the real question still remains
if u buy something in his ebay auction for 500 tonite and put it back up on ebay in 2 weeks i guarantee you wont get 150 for it
So the only explanation I ever come up with is he has a select group of buyers that dont use the internet ever, except when he has an auction..they apparently believe that ebay only exists when he has an auction.. the reason he doesnt put his stuff in a catalogue auction house is because he gets more on ebay..am i the only one who thinks thats amazing
Old 12-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
i dont know much about these photos
but i always wonder how u can have a 1st generation photo of the same picture 50 times...did the AP photographer take the same picture 50 times....and how can anyone possibly tell the difference...
Larry - you understand that Type 1 is a period print from the original negative? The photographer took 1 photo and could have printed it many times; all would be considered Type 1.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Larry, no matter what anyone says, 50 year old paper would have loss of contrast and some fogging in the grey areas...even if the paper was stored in the fridge/freezer in optimum condiitions...this is especially true in fiber based paper, so you would see a quality drop-off if using old paper to print photos today. There are a lot of people on this board that collect type1 photos, and not just on ebay. I have always had issue with the fact that there is no way to determine how many photos were printed in the "type1 window" and how many remain, but even not knowing, there are still a lot less than say...ticket stubs from a big game, or baseball cards etc. As for your contention that one of these photos that sells tonight won't get a fraction of the selling price a couple of weeks down the road, I say it might just be the other way around. I'm tracking a photo that I know sold in a recent auction and I'm betting that it will only get about 60 percent in Henry's ebay auction.

Last edited by mr2686; 12-13-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: add text
Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 AM
T!M R10rd@n

I think lke most any auction, some of his items go for what they should be expected to, while others go for signifcantly more . . . or less . . . than one might expect.

I know that I picked up two items from his auction in May that I thought were steals.

And unlike most ebay auctions, he only does it every couple of months with a lot of quality items.

He also promotes it by emailing his past buyers, and I've seen the current acutions mentioned and discussed on more than one board by satisfied customers. How many other ebay sellers do you see that for?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Default What do you think of this?

Quote:
i post this every year after every one of his auctions
there cant be anyone out there who believes he is legit
how is it possible every auction he gets double triple 5x what an item is worth on ebay..if he put his stuff in REA he wouldnt get half what he gets on ebay...and ebay as we all know right now is very slow...economy etc...I guarantee you that if i or anyone else put up some of the same items on ebay you cant get 25% of what he gets...its a joke...also is anything he sells real? alleged 1st generation photos? pins?
every auction he comes up with the same RARE NEVER BEFORE SEEN stuff and if you look back every auction he sets new record high prices...if this was 1929 he would still set record prices
i need a real explanation
I searched the user name sflayanks on ebay, and look what this guy bought;

260703860952 Dec-05-10 Dec-12-10 18:39:22 US $260.52 RARE 1955 Post Cereal TED WILLIAMS Comic Book w/ MAILER sflayank (*) hyee_auctions

The term 'whack job" immediately came to mind.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
I searched the user name sflayanks on ebay, and look what this guy bought;

260703860952 Dec-05-10 Dec-12-10 18:39:22 US $260.52 RARE 1955 Post Cereal TED WILLIAMS Comic Book w/ MAILER sflayank (*) hyee_auctions

The term 'whack job" immediately came to mind.
+2

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 PM

post removed so I don't get in the middle of a silly demate

Last edited by drc; 12-15-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default hyee

yes this is what i won
$260.52 RARE 1955 Post Cereal TED WILLIAMS Comic Book w/ MAILER
just because i win something in his auction doesnt mean i dont think he has shills in his employ...Im quite sure i overpaid for this item..if it wasnt his auction it would go for 100 bucks on ebay...you should see the items i didnt win...one lot that normally goes for 300-400, i put in 3 times that amount to make sure i won it, and went to sleep and lost it
2 months ago on ebay i won a pin in nrmt+ condition with charm bat chain ribbon etc for $62...he sold the same pin same condition or less for over $300...So once again the ONLY point I was making is that he has this invisble group of bidders who apparently only bid on ebay when he has an auction...the rest of the year they turn off their computers...That is my point and ONLY point..he can be the nicest guy in the world..I have this need to know how u can put up an item on ebay and get 100 he puts it up next week and gets 400 and another one appears a week later and gets 80...WHO are these collectors that only bid in his auctions and no one elses
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
yes this is what i won
$260.52 RARE 1955 Post Cereal TED WILLIAMS Comic Book w/ MAILER
just because i win something in his auction doesnt mean i dont think he has shills in his employ...Im quite sure i overpaid for this item..if it wasnt his auction it would go for 100 bucks on ebay...you should see the items i didnt win...one lot that normally goes for 300-400, i put in 3 times that amount to make sure i won it, and went to sleep and lost it
2 months ago on ebay i won a pin in nrmt+ condition with charm bat chain ribbon etc for $62...he sold the same pin same condition or less for over $300...So once again the ONLY point I was making is that he has this invisble group of bidders who apparently only bid on ebay when he has an auction...the rest of the year they turn off their computers...That is my point and ONLY point..he can be the nicest guy in the world..I have this need to know how u can put up an item on ebay and get 100 he puts it up next week and gets 400 and another one appears a week later and gets 80...WHO are these collectors that only bid in his auctions and no one elses
I guess I just don't get your point. You ask "WHO are these collectors " yet you admit to bidding 3 times what you think and item is worth.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-15-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Hyee winnings this week

I was 3 for 4. I felt that all 3 that I purchased were fairly reasonable.

Here are my 3 winners:
Carl Hubbell original 1930's photo (I love this shot)
1946 Bob Feller 1946 Type I of his speed test on August 20th at Washington DC
Type II Johnny VanderMeer second no-hitter 6/15/38 at Ebbets Field (also 1st night game)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I was 3 for 4. I felt that all 3 that I purchased were fairly reasonable.

Here are my 3 winners:
Carl Hubbell original 1930's photo (I love this shot)
1946 Bob Feller 1946 Type I of his speed test on August 20th at Washington DC
Type II Johnny VanderMeer second no-hitter 6/15/38 at Ebbets Field (also 1st night game)
Nice photos Scott. You know GRAIG is gonna cry like a six year old girl when he sees that Hubbell... guaranteed.

Last edited by thekingofclout; 12-16-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

I havent bid on many Yee items recently, but when I see his name as the seller I know that the item will be high quality and top of the line. And I know is will sell good.

Thats why his stuff sells for more than the average eBay seller IMO

Heck he got almost $600 for a very nice but very common 1948 (really 1947) Old Gold Jackie Robinson "raw" card. Ive bought lower grade examples in the past for under $25.