NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Frank Wakefield

Default OT Mr. Olbermann's Good Night

The last edition of Countdown was last night. I suspect he'll have covenants in his contract restricting him doing another, similar show. I'll miss him, and look forward to his return.

Maybe it gives him a chance to appear a bit here. If he does, let's be atypically nice to him, welcome him, instead of attack his posts. The man knows a right smart about old cards. We'd benefit from his presence.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Rawn Hill

I guess you are not on the Brucii mailing list.

Rawn
Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Frank, I voted for Gerald Ford and I'm fine with that. He has purchased a few T206 cards from me over the years and has always been a spirited bidder (can't say the same for the rest of Net54.......where were you during my eBay June 2009 auction???).

Just to go even more O/T and at the same time a bit cryptic, my sources tell me that the Bruce is/are setting up a third prewar baseball card forum in the hopes that Keith joins in. I believe it's going to be called the Alamo .

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 01-22-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:04 PM

Hello Iggyman

My best memories of my whole life were in Miami(Kendall of course) during the Gerald Ford years. Boy do I miss that time.

I welcome Mr Olbermann's baseball card expertise if he comes onto the forum.

Frank
Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

I feel your pain Frank! That was quite a view back in 1976. A silver Trans Am, testosterone to spare, and not being burdened by a want list. Truth be told, I really didn't care who was president.

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 01-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

Unless it pertains to baseball cards.....

Bruce, take me off your mail list please
Old 01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rob D.; 01-22-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 PM

Default Keith Olbermann Should Resign From SABR

In March of 2009, a total of 17 veterans of the Negro Leagues were elected to the Hall of Fame. Buck O'Neil and Minnie Minoso were not among them. This prompted the irascible Keith Olbermann to have a hissy fit, blaming this omission on SABR, and threatening to resign from SABR if they did not take action to reverse the vote and admit O'Neil and Minoso to the Hall, even though SABR had no direct role in selecting members for the Hall of Fame. Olbermann somehow held SABR accountable, in a vitriolic attack, because most of the voters on the selection committee did happen to be members of SABR. SABR, to their credit, took no action to acquiesce to Olbermann's demands. Olbermann should have lived up to his promise and resigned. To the surprise of no one, he has not resigned, and, as far as I know, he has not even made an apology to SABR for his vicious and unfounded remarks.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
In March of 2009, a total of 17 veterans of the Negro Leagues were elected to the Hall of Fame. Buck O'Neil and Minnie Minoso were not among them. This prompted the irascible Keith Olbermann to have a hissy fit, blaming this omission on SABR, and threatening to resign from SABR if they did not take action to reverse the vote and admit O'Neil and Minoso to the Hall, even though SABR had no direct role in selecting members for the Hall of Fame. Olbermann somehow held SABR accountable, in a vitriolic attack, because most of the voters on the selection committee did happen to be members of SABR. SABR, to their credit, took no action to acquiesce to Olbermann's demands. Olbermann should have lived up to his promise and resigned. To the surprise of no one, he has not resigned, and, as far as I know, he has not even made an apology to SABR for his vicious and unfounded remarks.
Not that I agree with the way he went about his response about the omission BUT it was absolutely unbelievable that O'Neil and, to a lesser extent, Minoso were not among the ones chosen but Effa Manley was--totally unforgivable in my opinion!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 01-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Rich v@n He$$

I'll just be honest and say it - I'd be star-struck if he hung around. Absolutely star struck.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM

I would happily welcome the participation of a hobby veteran like KO. Personally, I will miss his show on NBC. I have no doubt he will land somewhere else.
JimB

Last edited by E93; 01-23-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Ke.n K0hen

I would advise against disputing anything KO says regarding baseball cards lest you be deemed "Worst Person in the World."