NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Jon Canfield

Default O/T - Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Thoughts and prayers with all at the Boston Marathon today.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1
Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Thoughts and prayers with all at the Boston Marathon today.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1
Just seeing this on the news. Yes, thoughts and prayers to the victims, family and friends. It's awful.....Will be hopeful they find the culprits.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM
David Pierson
Banned

My nephew Kevin Pierson was in this race....no word yet. My brother and some of his family went as spectators. I'm worried.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Hearing several other bombs, at different locations in Boston have been found/disarmed. Terrible event.. makes me very angry

Last edited by itjclarke; 04-15-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: wording
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Jason Wells

Thoughts and prayers sent to all affected.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 PM

My cousin was in the race, not far from finishing when it happened. Was pretty close to the second explosion when it happened. His wife heard from him pretty quickly and he is fine, but knowing him, he was probably helping people right away. Will find out more later

Just to show how close he was, at 2:47 he was at the 40k mark and the race is 42.2k. Basically he was 1.4 miles from the finish about 5 minutes before it happened according to the race tracker and the second one was a couple blocks before the finish. So not sure how far he was but he was definitely within a mile
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS

Last edited by z28jd; 04-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Dan Lundrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
My nephew Kevin Pierson was in this race....no word yet. My brother and some of his family went as spectators. I'm worried.

My brother was there to watch his wife run the marathon they are all ok plus others I know who were there are safe as well! I hope and pray for the same results for you!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM
David Pierson
Banned

My family is all safe. Now I wonder who our government will "fix" the blame on this time. (sorry don't mean to get political). dave.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Dan Lundrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
My family is all safe. Now I wonder who our government will "fix" the blame on this time. (sorry don't mean to get political). dave.
Glad to hear all your loved ones are safe! Crazy stuff, now a days you don`t know whether it`s foreign or domestic terror attacks!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Ridiculous. I have run this race a couple of times, I know exactly where these bombs went off. There is no greater thrill for a marathon runner than to run the final stretch down Boyleston St. towards the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A running buddy of mine was running today and was 50 feet from the first blast when it went off. Luckily he was in the middle of the road and okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

I am literally sick to my stomach. The scum who did this is/are pathetic cowards. Find 'em, convict 'em, put 'em to death.