NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-13-2016, 05:53 AM

Default How many do you have in your hall of fame collection

kinda new to this site just wanted to see what the average sizes of hall of fame autograph collections people have?
Old 12-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Ben North

I have a few Wade Boggs and two Bob Feller autos. When I find one I like I want to add a Eddie Mathews. The only auto I actively collect is MMA legend Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:11 AM

I don't think there is really an average per se. It really depends on how passionate you are about autographs and how much you want to acquire/spend. Some are more determined than others to build a sizeable HOF collection.

Last edited by johnmh71; 12-13-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:59 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdellis View Post
kinda new to this site just wanted to see what the average sizes of hall of fame autograph collections people have?
There are some great collections here. Some of the best collections I have ever seen belong to members of this forum. You mentioned you are in the 280 range....With a number like that, we would love to see some examples of some of the tough signatures you have.

My number stands at 228.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Michael

I am close to 260 I believe
Old 12-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

I sit at 246, I know others are higher than that. However, please understand, when you post that you have 281 different HOFers, without showing any pictures (except of a semi-rare Bresnahan), there will be skepticism to your claim until you can back it up somehow. Another member claimed around the same amount (283?) and people started to question him. Then we found out that he owns the only known Addie Joss and posted pictures along with some other real tough (and beautiful) signatures.

Now I consider him one of the top contributors to this section. I hope you will do the same with a part of your collection and quiet some of the doubters (myself included).
Old 12-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Wayne Walker

I sit at a nice, round 250, all of which can be viewed in the link in my signature (photobucket is a bigger pain in the butt every time I use it, but the bigger pain in the butt would be motivating to migrate all of those photos to some other service).

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 12-13-2016, 11:28 AM

Default ok i might post some

I have been collecting for over 30 years and am somewhat hesitant about putting it out on the net of what i have. i am a private person and it took me awhile to join this site but i wanted to see what other people are doing. I am not lying about what i have so i am not explaining to people in the group. I might post I am curious as to what people use to post their pictures in bulk? photo bucket?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Wayne Walker

Yeah, you can see I use photobucket, but I'm not sure I'd recommend using that if you are just starting out. It is a lot less user-friendly than it was 10 years ago when I started sharing photos online. It's all I've really used, though, so I don't have advice on a better service. Maybe someone else does. I hope you motivate to do it, because I'd love to see some rarities, if you have them. Just start out small and show us some of the unique stuff you have. That's a big part of why we're all here.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 12-13-2016, 01:03 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I would recommend just posting directly here a few of the more rare hall of famers. I wouldn't bother loading them all to a site unless you are wanting to display them in that fashion.

I used webs.com, but recently let it expire because I didn't really care to display in that fashion any longer.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-13-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdellis View Post
I have been collecting for over 30 years and am somewhat hesitant about putting it out on the net of what i have. i am a private person and it took me awhile to join this site but i wanted to see what other people are doing. I am not lying about what i have so i am not explaining to people in the group. I might post I am curious as to what people use to post their pictures in bulk? photo bucket?
You joined because you "wanted to see what other people are doing," but you won't post your own collection?
Old 12-13-2016, 02:05 PM

Default yep

yes david i wanted to see if there were ways to improve my collection any advice from a seasoned collector?
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default How many do you have in your hall of fame collection

I am just over 110 different for HoF signed "rookies".

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 12-13-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:21 PM

I don't really understand why you need to post photos from your collection to ask other people about their collection. I haven't seen this poster pass judgment on anyone. What is it he's receiving without giving?

Last edited by packs; 12-13-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't really understand why you need to post photos from your collection to ask other people about their collection. I haven't seen this poster pass judgment on anyone. What is it he's receiving without giving?
He's been asked to post photos of some of his rarer HoF autographs. He doesn't seem to want to share. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Last edited by David Atkatz; 12-13-2016 at 04:08 PM.