NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Default Anyone know who this is??

His name is Jonat.han We1l and is mark2market53 on eBay.

Message I recieved from him:

Hi, there. I received this card today. The bottom right side and corner of the holder were shattered when I received it and fell apart at the mere touch. I see now that you cropped the photo of this card so that the buyer (me) would not be able to see this obvious problem. In addition, you applied packaging tape to the back of the holder along with a chunk of cardboard for reasons that I can't figure out. So there is sticky goop all over the back. By all appearances, the integrity of the holder has not been compromised, so I'm not inclined (at least for now) to suspect that the holder was tampered with. However, I will need to get this card re-holdered by PSA, and that will cost me money. Barring some tangible, reasonable effort by you to compensate me for this cost and inconvenience, I will be leaving you negative feedback explaining such. Please advise.

Response:

I am really sorry that the case was damaged during shipping. I can assure you that the holder was fully intact, untampered, and undamaged when I sent it to you. The tape and cardboard was to make the package 3/4" thick for shipping rules. My PO here are sticklers for that BS and you can look that up also if you want about thicknesses. I will send you the original scans of the card before I cropped it for eBay that show the holder and card. The issue actually would be the PO damaged the case during transportation to you. I would like to see pics of the card and package. If the case was busted then the package would for sure be damaged. I have shipped and received thousands of cards over the yrs and never had a case damaged in the package that didn't show signs of package damage first. To remove any sticky goop you could use another piece of tape and stick it to it and rip it off till it is all removed or use goo gone or orange oil as they won't damage the cases either. Please send me pics of the case and package and I will be attaching them to this email also. Sorry for the issues and have a good night. I will be awaiting the pics.

Andrew

His Reply:

I don't own a scanner or digital camera, so it will be a pain for me to get you a picture. As for a package, you didn't send the card to me in a package. You sent it to me in a thin 7"x9" bubble mailer wrapped in clear tape. There is no visible damage to the bubble mailer aside from the thin strip I cut off the top with scissors in order to open it. If the damage happened during shipping, it happened through the bubble mailer. Please advise

Later got this

Here, I managed to get a scan made. Let me know if you can see it OK, then please advise what you plan to do. Regards, Jonathan Weil

Here are the scans of what I sent and what he showed me. I smell fish due to the break looking like a screw driver break and the right edge being frosted now. Looks a bit fishy to me but I am just wanting to see what you guys are thinking and if any of you know this guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 132370009.jpg (79.1 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 132370010.jpg (78.6 KB, 448 views)

Member since 2009