NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2022, 09:54 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Original Negative collectors. Show us your 1 of 1 negatives or transparencies.

I’ll kick it off with l, arguably, the best one I own. It is the original, 1 of 1 glass plate negative of Captain Lou in college(1923).

As a photography fan, I believe there is still a huge upside as far as investment of original photos. Although on the radar, they are still undervalued IMO. Mostly because there is a relatively small group of collectors(vs say cards). I believe when PSA implements a registry of any kind, the fireworks will fly. They are on their way….

The negatives, however, are further back. They are in their infant, infancy. they are as rare as it gets for any one image- 1 of 1. They produce the highest end prints(IF in good shape). And they are totally untapped as it relates to mainstream hobby collecting and authentication. There is a huge opportunity for collectors/investors as well as an authentication outfit.
Negatives are just so cool and would love to see others post here who also enjoy them. I am totally hooked and believe in them. They are not for the faint of heart. However, if you start, it’s hard to stop. ��. They are historical relics and it’s amazing to say.. “i own the actually original, 1 of 1 negative of that image. “ “ I am going to start my own Archive.” I think the sky is the limit.

I know I know.. they are hard to display and it is scary that they might break. Anything else? ��
I will be making 1 of 1 very high end prints of each of my best pieces which i will display. Also, i have looked into getting dupes made of the originals just for displaying purposes along with the photo(keep the original locked away). This can be done at every medium.. glass, acetate, slides etc.

Anyone else love abs collect this stuff? If so, would love to hear your thoughts and see your examples. Let’s have some fun(if you want) and put funny watermarks on but still allow the beautiful image to be appreciated. I will start on my following examples.

As always, excuse and autocorrects /fat fingers as I’m on the fly on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76C5346C-8443-4A57-B227-A405D5482D34.jpg (187.5 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg 6BE44CE0-973E-414D-AD33-413AD0EEE761.jpg (190.4 KB, 425 views)

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 03-14-2022 at 10:00 AM.