NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Don't expect a great looking (for the grade) card to go for a moderate price. .
Yeah, when buying. When selling, on the other hand....

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yeah, when buying. When selling, on the other hand....
The Goudey Ruth I recently bought, and the Young you recently bought, will both bring above average prices when sold because they are above average (for their technical grade) cards. I think you are a bit pessimistic. On the other hand, when a super rare but less collected card goes for strong money, then when the selling time comes, there could be a huge discount from the buy price. (too thin of a market on the demand side)
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
I think you are a bit pessimistic
This just in.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Rob Ruddy

Default Place your bid!

What have you got to lose by bidding your limit? Place your bid and see what happens. I won a PWCC auction about a year ago on a high value, sought after hockey card and did not pay a ridiculous amount. In fact, the sell price was quite fair for that card.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

I would stay far away. The same card selling for the 4th time by the seller in less than 2 years has red flags all over it. I would guess the card never really sold, won by the consignor (or one of their extra/friends accounts) then relisted hoping that someone looking at past auctions sales would feel that the market price has been set. These are the listings were VCP is well worth the cost.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't bid either.

If the same exact card has come up in the same exact auction company at least twice before and each time it has sold for prices well above what similar cards have sold for in other venues then it would seem something funny might be going on.

Look, you have already outed the venue and how much you are willing to pay so it probably wont take much for a person interested in this card to find out what card you are talking about. If shenanigans ARE going on then all the seller (or venue) has to do is bid you up to your $1000 dollar max level.

Sure you get the card you want at the price you want but if the card had never really sold twice previously and the next highest price card sold last 9/13 for $863.50 then did you REALLY get a good deal?

David
Old 05-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Somewhere out there in cyberspace someone reading this just entered a $999 snipe!

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 05-04-2014, 12:59 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

If this is a t206, are the backs the same including factory number when comparing the cards on vcp?
Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 PM

Interesting and concerning data. I would avoid bidding.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
I would stay far away. The same card selling for the 4th time by the seller in less than 2 years has red flags all over it. I would guess the card never really sold, won by the consignor (or one of their extra/friends accounts) then relisted hoping that someone looking at past auctions sales would feel that the market price has been set. These are the listings were VCP is well worth the cost.

+1. If you lay down with dogs don't whine about the fleas.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Den.nis Mos.ley

I know both probstein and PWCC have alot of bid retractions. But with Probstein I am actually able to win a few things at good prices, I cannot say the same for PWCC.