NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-18-2014, 06:35 AM
Tom Boblitt

Darren.....Do you have all these posted somewhere out there? Or have a pamphlet for sale or something.....would love to have all of them in a single place to look at. Thanks.....
Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM

One of the toughest for me to find was the green tint variation of Fred Hutchinson, I just can't seem to find the "tell" which indicates it is the green tint. Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 AM
Tom

Default Hutchinson greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
One of the toughest for me to find was the green tint variation of Fred Hutchinson, I just can't seem to find the "tell" which indicates it is the green tint. Any ideas?
On the Hutchinson, the easiest tell is in the cropping. On the "non-green" version, a portion of his right red sleeve can be seen. In the green version, only the smallest sliver can be seen.

Check out all of the greenies side-by-side with their non-greenie brothers on my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/obctom...7602774575697/

Tom
Old 08-20-2014, 05:02 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
Darren.....Do you have all these posted somewhere out there? Or have a pamphlet for sale or something.....would love to have all of them in a single place to look at. Thanks.....
Hey Tom. I just have my proprietary version here on my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Tom

Default All greenies side-by-side their non-greenie counterpart

I love the scans with the "tell" - nicely done!

I have a Flickr page with the regular & green tint versions side-by-side for comparison. Everyone is welcome to view it, & some of my fellow OBC members have even printed it off & taken it to shows to help with the hunt:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/obctom...7602774575697/

For the harder ones, look closely at the cropping differences. They are sometimes very subtle, but they are there.

Tom
Old 08-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Larry More.y

Thank you Tom for the link to your page....as with Darren's work, your page is also most helpful. For me, several of the Ruth Special cards are the toughest to determine if they are GT or not and I find I almost always have to use the cropping differences as the determining factor. Your link makes it easy to do so.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:08 PM

Thank you Tom, your and Darren's answers have been extremely helpful as I wrap up the 1962 GT subset.
tbob
Old 09-13-2014, 01:45 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I forgot the thread we had going a long while back, but it featured a ton of cards that PSA, et al, had misidentified as green tints. Well, I ran into this blatantly wrong one tonight on ebay (and I don't even bother telling the sellers they have a mislabeled card anymore, because the sellers always ignore the facts and just leave the cards up)…
mccarver.jpg
Yowza!!! Not even close. I think the folks at PSA could use my comprehensive GT guide. If anyone has any connections over there, PLMK.

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Last edited by JollyElm; 09-13-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Al Richter

Default Scd

In the current issue of SCD ( October 3), in his "Leading Off" column, Tim Bartsch, the SCD editor and gateway to getting variations listed in their catalog, writes generically about variations and variation collectors. He mentions that in an upcoming issue they will be looking "in depth" at the 62 green tints.

Darren---you may already be plugged into that effort. If not you may want to get in touch with him...tom.bartsch@fwmedia.com

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 10-02-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:28 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
In the current issue of SCD ( October 3), in his "Leading Off" column, Tim Bartsch, the SCD editor and gateway to getting variations listed in their catalog, writes generically about variations and variation collectors. He mentions that in an upcoming issue they will be looking "in depth" and the 62 green tints.

Darren---you may already be plugged into that effort. If not you may want to get in touch with him...tom.bartsch@fwmedia.com
Hey Al.
I contacted Tom a few weeks ago and we exchanged an e-mail or two regarding my comprehensive 1962 Green Tints Guide, but I haven't heard anything in a while, so it doesn't look like I'll be involved in that issue. Too bad.

Casey Stengel