NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 272 (September 28, 2020 – 272)

I haven’t had an opportunity to have this calendar framed yet; I think it will look nice framed and up on the wall. As you can see it’s a 1960 Orioles schedule calendar put out by Sunpapers. It’s a very thin paper piece and is not in the best of shape, but I love the setup and the look of this schedule calendar.

1960 Sunpapers Orioles Schedule Calendar

Day 272 a 1960 Orioles Schedule Poster.jpg

How about a 1960 Leaf Brooks Robinson to celebrate the year?

1960 Brooks Robinson Leaf #27

Day 272 b 1960 Leaf #27.jpg
Old 09-28-2020, 04:58 AM
Mike Magee

Default All-Star Personally Autographed Baseball Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 272 (September 28, 2020 – 272)

I haven’t had an opportunity to have this calendar framed yet; I think it will look nice framed and up on the wall. As you can see it’s a 1960 Orioles schedule calendar put out by Sunpapers. It’s a very thin paper piece and is not in the best of shape, but I love the setup and the look of this schedule calendar.

1960 Sunpapers Orioles Schedule Calendar

Attachment 419827

How about a 1960 Leaf Brooks Robinson to celebrate the year?

1960 Brooks Robinson Leaf #27

Attachment 419828
Good morning Mark,

I agree, that Sunpapers O's schedule is definitely worth framing.

Below is a sign advertising All-Star Personally Autographed Baseballs featuring Brooks and Jim Palmer.

Does anyone remember these being sold?

1970's All Star Autographed Baseball Sign.jpg
Old 09-28-2020, 05:25 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Good morning Mark,

I agree, that Sunpapers O's schedule is definitely worth framing.

Below is a sign advertising All-Star Personally Autographed Baseballs featuring Brooks and Jim Palmer.

Does anyone remember these being sold?

Attachment 419831
Mike:

I do remember these back around 1976/77 and I actually purchased a Brooks & Belanger signed ball (I believe I saw their ads in Baseball Digest).

Never saw a retail display (I was living in Ohio at the time) but I think they're very nice!
Old 09-28-2020, 05:41 AM
Clint

Mark that schedule is awesome! Never seen that one before.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Alan Strout

Default 1960 Orioles farm teams

Mark,

I really like that calendar, too. 1960 was really the beginning, except for a couple seasons, of two plus decades of very good Orioles teams. Over those years, the Orioles farm system would produce plenty of major league talent.

The 1960 Orioles farm system consisted of the Vancouver Mounties (AAA), Miami Marlins (AAA), Fox Cities Foxes (B), Tri-Cities Braves (B), Aberdeen Pheasants (C), Stockton Ports (C), Bluefield Orioles (D) and Leesburg Orioles (D).

Here are programs from each of the teams, except Tri-Cities. I have the 1961 Tri-Cities program, but have never seen the 1960 issue.

Vancouver Mounties (AAA)

It's hard to tell from the scans, but one program is red and the other orange.

1960 Vancouver Mounties #1.jpg 1960 Vancouver Mounties #2.jpg 1960 Vancouver Mounties #3.jpg

Miami Marlins (AAA)

1960 Miami Marlins #1.jpg 1960 Miami Marlins #2.jpg

Fox Cities Foxes (B)

1960 Fox Cities Foxes.jpg

Aberdeen Pheasants and Stockton Ports (C)

1960 Aberdeen Pheasants.jpg 1960 Stockton Ports.JPG

Bluefield Orioles and Leesburg Orioles (D)

1960 Bluefield Orioles.jpg 1960 Leesburg Orioles.jpg
Old 09-29-2020, 02:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 273 (September 29, 2020 – 273)

The Orioles were going to have Brooks Robinson’s statue unveiling in Camden Yards on May 12, 2012, but the schedule had to be moved due to Brooks being unable to participate due to health issues. The new schedule for the unveiling would be September 29, 2012.

My wife, for my birthday, purchased tickets for our family to attend the Brooks statue unveiling game. We travelled to Baltimore (I live in FL by the way if I haven’t mentioned it before) and was able to be present at the game. Of course we had such a great time and it’s such a fond memory of being at the stadium for the unveiling of the Brooks Robinson statue in Camden Yards.

I especially enjoyed Brooks’ speech during the ceremony. One quote I remember was Brooks saying, “I just want to say to all of you fans here, I don’t like to call you fans, I like to call you friends.” If you ever hear Brooks talk he always talks about how great other people are and this was no exception. I was very happy that all the players that have statues within Camden Yards were able to attend. Sadly Earl and Frank have passed away since then.

Brooks also stated, “I promise you, this will be the last ‘thank you’ of my career.”

2012 Brooks Robinson Replica Sculpture – I grabbed a screen shot of the
sculpture; running behind on taking pictures. Sorry…

Day 273.jpg
Old 09-29-2020, 02:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 273 (September 29, 2020 – 273)

Last edited by Mark70Z; 09-29-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the infamous Game 162 and I was fortunate enough to be there...I generally don't go to weeknight games due to the distance, but I had a rain check that I had to use or I'd lose it, so I called my son the night before & asked him if he wanted to go to the last game of the season...Fortunately, he agreed and one of our Baltimore area friends met us there...

There was a long rain delay and when they resumed playing the Orioles said you could sit anywhere you wanted & fortunately we chose seats in left field probably 100 feet or so from the Red Soxs' Carl Crawford (who was unable to handle Robert Andino's game winning liner)...I'll never forget watching the Orioles players celebrate and Papelbon and the rest of the Sox players walking off the field when the Jumbo Tron suddenly switched to the action in St. Pete & showing Longoria hitting his walk off HR thus eliminating Boston from the post season...

The only thing I can compare it to was like New Years Eve as we left Camden Yards that night 'high fiving' everyone (including the on duty cops) and headed over to Sliders (our favorite bar outside the park) who was serving free Natty Bohs...Needless to say I didn't get home until 4:30 AM..

I keep score at all the games I attend, so here is my scorecard which over the years I've had signed on the cover by all the key participants of that ninth inning (Reimold, Davis, Kyle Hudson & of course Robert Andino):

Robert Andino game used jersey & bat: